Thread: Mandated Range Time....???????

Mandated Range Time....???????

I was in Jalenski's (In Kenosha) and there was a young couple at the counter who had just purchased a sidearm and was asking about WI CCW classes. The store had signs advertizing classes posted. The clerk was telling them about the 4 hour mandate and that they offer 4 hour classes ($90.00) and eight hour classes (I think he said $125.00). Then he said something about mandated range time..????? I corrected him and said that the DOJ Emergency Rules only mandate 4 hour classes. He then said that he heard something on the news that they were going to add 4 hours ranges time as well as the already mandated 4 hour class time. I again said no, I don't think so because Governor Walker has already signed off on the Emergency Rules and madated range time was never mentioned and that it was already a done deal. He then changed the subject. Has anybody else heard this or (I think) was he (probably) just trying to sell range time to the unaware couple.

This happened about 5:30 this evening.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

So you know better, but still are worried? I'm confused...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Don't sweat it. It's Jalenski's. The clerks are all anti-carry of any sort and they have no clue. One clerk declared anyone who carries is an @sshole the first time I was ever there. As another clerk was helping me find a CC pistol... I looked at the WCInc printouts on the counter, handed back the Sig P380 and walked out.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Campaign Veteran
    I was in there once, and when I told the clerk that I was interested in a second CC pistol, he refused to sell to me. I laughed the whole way out the store. I'll never go back to that place.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Proof once again - this time inside the gun selling community - that no guns = no $$
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Fletcher Arms in Waukesha is offering cc classes - it is an 8 hour class "including live fire qualification" for $100 according to their website. I don't know that the live fire is being sold as required. I have no problem if someone makes the choice to take a course that involves a live fire component but would hope that it's not being sold as a mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    So you know better, but still are worried? I'm confused...
    Sorry I was not more clear.... Never said I was worried, just wondering if anybody else heard this on the news or if it was like I thought... Trying to sell unnesseasary range time.

Or I suppose he could have been taling about the NRA Class that actually does mandate range time, but I really don't think so....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

There is no mandate for range time. Clearly they are morons as he "saw it on the news so it must be true."

Trust but verify.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    There is no mandate for range time. Clearly they are morons as he "saw it on the news so it must be true."

Trust but verify.
    I mandate range time for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    I was in there once, and when I told the clerk that I was interested in a second CC pistol, he refused to sell to me. I laughed the whole way out the store. I'll never go back to that place.
    this is why I only buy from a private FFL who happens to be a good friend..plus not paying any mark up is always nice too.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    this is why I only buy from a private FFL who happens to be a good friend..plus not paying any mark up is always nice too.
    I need to find me one of those too. Is yours up for rent?
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

The law as written says they can't require live fire.
    Of course, the law as written says other things they can't do & have done anyway.
    I think the clerk either doesn't know the law or was trying to sell range time.
    Either way, he's a donkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Sorry I was not more clear.... Never said I was worried, just wondering if anybody else heard this on the news or if it was like I thought... Trying to sell unnesseasary range time.
    Your post was very clear.

I'm with you, it seems the range was attempting to sell some unnecessary range time.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired