• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Capitol to allow guns, Assembly on floor, in galleries.

protias

There are only 70 responses so far. I'm not too worried. WAVE got all their people to vote already, so that leaves the rest of America.

XDFDE45

There are only 70 responses so far. I'm not too worried. WAVE got all their people to vote already, so that leaves the rest of America.
rolling.gif
rolling.gif
rolling.gif
rolling.gif
rolling.gif

xenophon

From the article:
"During massive protests this spring, the administration installed metal detectors to ensure no weapons were brought into the building. The protests were overwhelmingly peaceful, but lawmakers from both sides received death threats by email and phone."

WTF? The protests were not overhelmingly peaceful. Desecrating the Capitol, the memorials inside, confronting and yelling and lawmakers, blocking them from walking to their offices. Chanting non stop during sessions, yelling "SHAME SHAME etc etc"

That's "overwhelmingly" peaceful? They have no hope, the JS.

HandyHamlet

Just do not take pictures or video no matter how tempting.

:banghead:

I have a dream that one day the Constitution will be the law of the land.

TyGuy

I thought that it was legal to record in public in WI. Am I wrong?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The Statehouse is not public property but the property of the sovereign, such as it is, and may make, and has made, clearly unconstitutional rules. For instance the Legislature is arguably not subject to Open Meetings/Records law, much to the chagrin of SEIU in January.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
The Statehouse is not public property but the property of the sovereign, such as it is, and may make, and has made, clearly unconstitutional rules. For instance the Legislature is arguably not subject to Open Meetings/Records law, much to the chagrin of SEIU in January.

Just for my reference; where did you get that from? I believe we are the sovereigns (the people) and we created the government so that in all matters that don't concern a justifiable interest in state/national security I can not believe what you wrote to be true. The open meetings/records law is a different animal; laws being subject to the legislature. The legislature however; is still subject to the supreme law of the land which they can not change without a large consensus. Also, IIRC; the legislature passed that bill this spring under some sort of emergency rules and a 24 hour notice allowed by the open meetings law.

HandyHamlet

I thought that it was legal to record in public in WI. Am I wrong?

[video=youtube;tpnk9UCZRj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpnk9UCZRj4[/video]

[video=youtube;By-Ci6NErFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-Ci6NErFU&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

bmwguy11

The irony being, I believe that those rules were put in place by the democrats in the previous administration.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

you nailed it !!!!

as of 2:30 pm
Is allowing people to carry guns in the state Capitol a good idea or bad idea?
Good idea: 57%
Bad idea: 43%
Total Responses: 666