Thread: address must match the dot

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

address must match the dot

Address Changes: Important
    Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at: http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/driv ... change.htm

this is an update on the doj site
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-27-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Herr Heckler Koch
    Wisconsin's denial of federal Real ID is lip service only. Remember that its primary sponsor was Sensenbrenner R-WI.

the fact that they will be accessing your DOT files tells me that they are going to link the carry permit with the drivers license....and Ofc Friendly will be told that you have a permit when he runs your DL.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    Address Changes: Important
    Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at: http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/driv ... change.htm

this is an update on the doj site
    Part of your link to the DOT was cut off. http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/d...ess-change.htm
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

So Suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    the fact that they will be accessing your DOT files tells me that they are going to link the carry permit with the drivers license....and Ofc Friendly will be told that you have a permit when he runs your DL.
    No, I think it's just a check to ensure that your application is accurate.

Herr Heckler Koch
    the fact that they will be accessing your DOT files tells me that they are going to link the carry permit with the drivers license.
    More that one state's CWL is nearly a duplicate of the DL, varying only in the changed title and the color of the top stripe. Duplicated including the photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Part of your link to the DOT was cut off. http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/d...ess-change.htm
    thanks for telling me
    SCOTT

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    No, I think it's just a check to ensure that your application is accurate.
    Agree. I don't think they are permitted to the information on the "same system" with DL. I think it is to insure accuracy. The DOJ is also permitted under the law to contract with the DOT to prepare the permits - I assume the permit will be similar to one's DL, absent the lovely picture. Maybe they are actually trying to be efficient and stream line the process of issuing CCW permits.

That is what you imagine, but that's not true

The DOT was contracted because they currently make State IDs, not DL's. The DOJ does not have the equipment to make DL like licencses, and since another state agengy does, they contract with them for the prodcution of the Licencsee. The DOT will not be 'keeping" any DOJ records. If the could not contract with the DOT, then the DOJ would have to purchase the equipment and hire personel to run it. Contracting with the DOT was to save money.

Doesn't the law require that a cc permit have a "unique identification number for each licensee"?
    (see pg. 8: 175.60 2m b 6)
    And if they use a number (DL) already in existance, that wouldn't be unique, would it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Centurion
    So, IF you have NO DL then you have no address registered with DOT, correct? How would that affect your acquiring your sought after concealed carry permit?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by McNutty View Post
    Agree. I don't think they are permitted to the information on the "same system" with DL. I think it is to insure accuracy. The DOJ is also permitted under the law to contract with the DOT to prepare the permits - I assume the permit will be similar to one's DL, absent the lovely picture. Maybe they are actually trying to be efficient and stream line the process of issuing CCW permits.
    Does that mean, I'll have to take the motorcycle road test again ...so many cones; so little time.

Attachment 7224
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Don't think I didn't see that.

As long as I get to drive... and I pray that is a pencil in his pocket.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-27-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Don't think I didn't see that.

As long as I get to drive... and I pray that is a pencil in his pocket.
    That, and watch out for hot cartridges to the beak
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So, IF you have NO DL then you have no address registered with DOT, correct? How would that affect your acquiring your sought after concealed carry permit?
    The application REQUIRES either your drivers license # or state issued ID #, so, neither of those, no permit.

My Hunters Safety Cert. has my old fire number on it. Same house but the they changed my address when the updated fire numbers. The DOT, DMV and DOJ has my correct address, but the DNR has my old address for the same house. Will that be a problem?

my hunter saftey had my address when i was 12 and i was not going to leave it to chance so i went to the dnr site and updated saved pdf file on pc and printed new cards
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-28-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    SCOTT

my hunter saftey had my address when i was 12 and i was not going to leave it to chance so i went to the dnr site and updated saved pdf file on pc and printed new cards
    Do you have a link? I could not find where I could change address.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/es/enforcement/safety/duplic.htm
    here it will give you the cahnce to change info then pay save and print
    SCOTT

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/es/enforcement/safety/duplic.htm
    here it will give you the cahnce to change info then pay save and print
    Thanks

I didn't notice the requirement to have a drivers license or a state ID in the legislation. I have one so no matter.

I have two hunter safety certificates, both with wrong addresses. On one I was unable to read the certificate number. When I went to the DNR site to print a duplicate I didn't see them listed. So I filled out the "contact us" form that night and explained the situation. I gave them all my current information. I received an email the next day informing me they had combined my two records and the form would be available for me to print the following day for a $3.75 fee. The form has my current address and lists both hunter safely certificates. So I am good to go in just two days time. My hat's off to the DNR on this one.

In Idaho the vehicle plate will tell a LEO the registered owners name and will flag a CWL in that name.

If I drive the family car it will not flag my CWL because the car is registered to my wife.

If my wife drives my truck the plate will flag my CWL because the truck is registered in both our names.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Doesn't the law require that a cc permit have a "unique identification number for each licensee"?(see pg. 8: 175.60 2m b 6)
    And if they use a number (DL) already in existance, that wouldn't be unique, would it?
    In Idaho our CWL has a unique County ID Number (you have to apply in the county of residence)
    and your Driver's License # is also printed.

Of course I do not know how they will do stuff in WI