• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

address must match the dot

oliverclotheshoff

Address Changes: Important
Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at: http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/driv ... change.htm

this is an update on the doj site

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin's denial of federal Real ID is lip service only. Remember that its primary sponsor was Sensenbrenner R-WI.

mrjam2jab

the fact that they will be accessing your DOT files tells me that they are going to link the carry permit with the drivers license....and Ofc Friendly will be told that you have a permit when he runs your DL. :mad:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Address Changes: Important
Please ensure that you have notified the Department of Transportation (DOT) of any address change as required by law. The current residential address that you list on your concealed carry application MUST be the same as the one registered with DOT or your application will be denied. You can make address changes with DOT online at: http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/driv ... change.htm

this is an update on the doj site
Part of your link to the DOT was cut off. http://www.dot.state.wi.us/drivers/drivers/address-change.htm

apjonas

So Suspicious

the fact that they will be accessing your DOT files tells me that they are going to link the carry permit with the drivers license....and Ofc Friendly will be told that you have a permit when he runs your DL. :mad:

No, I think it's just a check to ensure that your application is accurate.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

the fact that they will be accessing your DOT files tells me that they are going to link the carry permit with the drivers license.
More that one state's CWL is nearly a duplicate of the DL, varying only in the changed title and the color of the top stripe. Duplicated including the photograph.

McNutty

No, I think it's just a check to ensure that your application is accurate.

Agree. I don't think they are permitted to the information on the "same system" with DL. I think it is to insure accuracy. The DOJ is also permitted under the law to contract with the DOT to prepare the permits - I assume the permit will be similar to one's DL, absent the lovely picture. Maybe they are actually trying to be efficient and stream line the process of issuing CCW permits.

BROKENSPROKET

That is what you imagine, but that's not true

The DOT was contracted because they currently make State IDs, not DL's. The DOJ does not have the equipment to make DL like licencses, and since another state agengy does, they contract with them for the prodcution of the Licencsee. The DOT will not be 'keeping" any DOJ records. If the could not contract with the DOT, then the DOJ would have to purchase the equipment and hire personel to run it. Contracting with the DOT was to save money.

MKEgal

Doesn't the law require that a cc permit have a "unique identification number for each licensee"?
(see pg. 8: 175.60 2m b 6)
And if they use a number (DL) already in existance, that wouldn't be unique, would it?

Lurchiron

Agree. I don't think they are permitted to the information on the "same system" with DL. I think it is to insure accuracy. The DOJ is also permitted under the law to contract with the DOT to prepare the permits - I assume the permit will be similar to one's DL, absent the lovely picture. Maybe they are actually trying to be efficient and stream line the process of issuing CCW permits.

Does that mean, I'll have to take the motorcycle road test again :cool:...so many cones; so little time:dude:.

View attachment 7224:p

HandyHamlet

Don't think I didn't see that.

:p

As long as I get to drive... and I pray that is a pencil in his pocket.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Don't think I didn't see that.

:p

As long as I get to drive... and I pray that is a pencil in his pocket.

That, and watch out for hot cartridges to the beak :arrow:
[video=youtube;owtUaocuKCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owtUaocuKCo&NR=1[/video]

BROKENSPROKET

My Hunters Safety Cert. has my old fire number on it. Same house but the they changed my address when the updated fire numbers. The DOT, DMV and DOJ has my correct address, but the DNR has my old address for the same house. Will that be a problem?

oliverclotheshoff

my hunter saftey had my address when i was 12 and i was not going to leave it to chance so i went to the dnr site and updated saved pdf file on pc and printed new cards

Last edited: