• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had my mind made up, and now I'm all undecided again.....

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Headed in to my gun shop yesterday with my heart set on the XDM 5.25 While I was in there, I saw a Sig Sauer 1911 that caught my eye. To make matters worse, it was sitting next to a Kimber Custom CDP II. I want all three now (obviously) but I can only get one.

I enjoy my XDMs I have a 3.8 and a 4.5, so the 5.25 would round out the set. The Sig was the 1911 TACPAC with the holster and the laser. The Kimber was another 1911.

All three felt great in my hand. Anyone else have any thought/experiences with any of these three platforms?

Vandil

My gun buying process always goes in three.

#1 the gun I went to buy
#2 the gun I wanted to buy
#3 the gun I shouldn't have bought.

Ooh wow I want this
Ahhh man I have to this
Crap, better tell the wife I bought this one for her!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Headed in to my gun shop yesterday with my heart set on the XDM 5.25 While I was in there, I saw a Sig Sauer 1911 that caught my eye. To make matters worse, it was sitting next to a Kimber Custom CDP II. I want all three now (obviously) but I can only get one.

I enjoy my XDMs I have a 3.8 and a 4.5, so the 5.25 would round out the set. The Sig was the 1911 TACPAC with the holster and the laser. The Kimber was another 1911.

All three felt great in my hand. Anyone else have any thought/experiences with any of these three platforms?

Well, I have experience with an XD and a 1911. To me it comes down to capacity and trigger pull. Do you need the extra rounds or do you want a nicer trigger pull that a single action offers. That's pretty much it, IMHO.

McNutty

They say variety is the spice of life....

I have a friend who swears by Kimber and they are awfully pretty guns.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Thats the great thing about this country heck if I wanted to I could carry a differant handgun every day of the week.

Ultimately, that's the goal!!!!!

I'm going to head in there tomorrow and decide so I can take the new piece up to the range on Sunday. I'm leaning back towards the Kimber, but the XDm is still up there at the top of the list too.

Dammit........

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thats the great thing about this country heck if I wanted to I could carry a differant handgun every day of the week.

Just one a day??, I could carry two if I wanted to:D

Seeing how you already have two XDs, I would go for one of the 1911s. 1911s are beautiful guns. Before you splurge $1200-$1500 on a 1911, take a look around. There are some really nice lower priced 1911s to start off with. Rock Island Armory and Taurus come to mind.

jpm84092

My mind swims and boggles at the thought. I have my Model 1911's, my Springfield XD-9 and XD-45, my Glock 17 and Glock 21, and yet my fantasies center on my new Taurus .357 5-shot wheel gun. Isn't it Grand that life is about choices?

Mlutz

Just one a day??, I could carry two if I wanted to:D

Seeing how you already have two XDs, I would go for one of the 1911s. 1911s are beautiful guns. Before you splurge $1200-$1500 on a 1911, take a look around. There are some really nice lower priced 1911s to start off with. Rock Island Armory and Taurus come to mind.

You are ok with RIA?