Thread: Hello - New to this forum

Hello - New to this forum

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and find this forum to be more interesting then others I have found. Former Marine who was into hunting as much as possible and now is exercising his right to bear arms.

Not into Open Carry so much but have done so on occasion only due to circumstance, but also won't shy away from Open Carry. Not an activist, just a Patriot.

Just got my American made gun safe a few weeks ago, about time I guess and have been busy getting my weapons squared away, sighted in and accessories stocked.

Recently bought an HK USP 9mm (full size, my carry is a Walther PPS) which I really like. It feels good in the hand, shoots great and never has a problem. Now only if the shooter could get as good as he was when he was in the Corp. Ah well, practice, practice.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    I'm not sure this is a "Hot Topic" but welcome to the forum! OCDO is a great place to learn about our 2A rights among others.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!! Make sure you check out the Minnesota forum. As noted, the Hot Topics section is for current events that relate to the gun community as a whole. For example, Operation Fast & Furious.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Hey! Don't pick on the Jarhead - all he was ever taught was to hit the beach and press on.

Another welcome to OCDO and to get over to the Minnesota section and get up to date with what's going on over there and what you need to get involved with.

Semper Fi! from the only person ever ordered to refer to themself as an ex-Marine.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Welcome to the forum, gunns, and thank you for your military service to our great nation!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

And another hearty Welcome, from another former Jarhead, Leatherneck, Uncle Sam's Misguided Children....

I too am relatively new here, as well as with the open carry. It's different with a weapon on your hip when wearing civies as opposed to camies and covered. Felt a little like John Laroquet in "Stripes" the first time I open carried! I carry a Walther P-1 (basically a post WWII P-38), as well as a Makarov for CC.

Come out for a lunch, meet some folks, have a good time. It's all good.

kenchi
    --Spam deleted by Moderator--

kanchan

Hi all

Very nice tips....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kanchan View Post
    Very nice tips....
    What tips exactly would that be?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by kanchan View Post
    Very nice tips....
    Welcome to the forum, kanchan.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired