• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello - New to this forum

gunns

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and find this forum to be more interesting then others I have found. Former Marine who was into hunting as much as possible and now is exercising his right to bear arms.

Not into Open Carry so much but have done so on occasion only due to circumstance, but also won't shy away from Open Carry. Not an activist, just a Patriot.

Just got my American made gun safe a few weeks ago, about time I guess and have been busy getting my weapons squared away, sighted in and accessories stocked.

Recently bought an HK USP 9mm (full size, my carry is a Walther PPS) which I really like. It feels good in the hand, shoots great and never has a problem. Now only if the shooter could get as good as he was when he was in the Corp. Ah well, practice, practice.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!! Make sure you check out the Minnesota forum. As noted, the Hot Topics section is for current events that relate to the gun community as a whole. For example, Operation Fast & Furious.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hey! Don't pick on the Jarhead - all he was ever taught was to hit the beach and press on.

Another welcome to OCDO and to get over to the Minnesota section and get up to date with what's going on over there and what you need to get involved with.

Semper Fi! from the only person ever ordered to refer to themself as an ex-Marine.

stay safe.

sbuff

And another hearty Welcome, from another former Jarhead, Leatherneck, Uncle Sam's Misguided Children....

I too am relatively new here, as well as with the open carry. It's different with a weapon on your hip when wearing civies as opposed to camies and covered. Felt a little like John Laroquet in "Stripes" the first time I open carried! I carry a Walther P-1 (basically a post WWII P-38), as well as a Makarov for CC.

Come out for a lunch, meet some folks, have a good time. It's all good.

K

kanchan

Hi all

Very nice tips....
big_grin.gif