Thread: Calhan Shooting not so Innocent After All

Calhan Shooting not so Innocent After All

When I first read the news, I thought, "Yeah! Another criminal bites the dust."

Now, it appears the one doing the shooting and his girlfriend may be the criminals, here.

Apparently, both Manyik (the shooter) and Adams (his girlfriend) laid a trap for Miles (Adam's old boyfriend). After he was killed, they called 911 and reported a thwarted burglary. They might have gotten away with it, too, except for the fact neither of them were very smart:

"On Monday, a detective with the office told the detective on the Manyik case he received a voicemail on his phone from Manyik telling the detective he was going to shoot Miles in the belly with a shotgun. Manyik had left the message Friday (the day before the shooting), but the detective hadn't heard it until Monday."

I'm not sure if they cooked the entire thing up, or if Miles had actually threatened Adams as Manyik originally claimed. Regardless, luring someone to your home in order to kill them is 1st Degree Murder, and will find you spending the rest of your days in jail, if not the the chair.

Stupid is as stupid does. Do they serve boxes of chocolates in prison?
    Last edited by since9; 10-27-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I don't care how stupid you are, why in the world would you leave a cop a message saying that you are going to kill somebody? That is way beyond stupid.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-27-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    When I first read the news, I thought, "Yeah! Another criminal bites the dust."

Now, it appears the one doing the shooting and his girlfriend may be the criminals, here.

Apparently, both Manyik (the shooter) and Adams (his girlfriend) laid a trap for Miles (Adam's old boyfriend). After he was killed, they called 911 and reported a thwarted burglary. They might have gotten away with it, too, except for the fact neither of them were very smart:

"On Monday, a detective with the office told the detective on the Manyik case he received a voicemail on his phone from Manyik telling the detective he was going to shoot Miles in the belly with a shotgun. Manyik had left the message Friday (the day before the shooting), but the detective hadn't heard it until Monday."

I'm not sure if they cooked the entire thing up, or if Miles had actually threatened Adams as Manyik originally claimed. Regardless, luring someone to your home in order to kill them is 1st Degree Murder, and will find you spending the rest of your days in jail, if not the the chair.

Stupid is as stupid does. Do they serve boxes of chocolates in prison?
    wow. just wow(face in palm). poor efin guy. may the victim rest in peace and the other 2 rot in prison. wow.

I've found that, in this life, many things are not what they initially appear to be.

It is a good thing that we have law enforcement investigators to get to the bottom of the matter, rather than taking everyone's initial deposition at face value.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Howdy Folks!
    Those killers are about as sharp as a billiard ball! Talk about dumb.

"Hello... Police Department.... I'm gonna commit 1st degree murder and make it look like a burglary... just so we understand each other!"

Gimme a break.

The next call:

"Hello... warden... my cellmate keeps me up at night... and not in a nice way either!"

Good bye Calhan, hello Canon City!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Wow.... Just... WOW.... what boneheads.... We need to bring back public executions; the noose, or firing squad would deter crime of the violent nature. OR, instead of the judge sentencing you, the person's family gets to decide your fate (if convicted). THAT would be the ultimate "power to the people" move!

I'm just happy to read that these thugs got caught.

Peace,

RebelWolf

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    It is a good thing that we have law enforcement investigators to get to the bottom of the matter, rather than taking everyone's initial deposition at face value.
    I'll second that.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.