• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calhan Shooting not so Innocent After All

since9

Campaign Veteran
When I first read the news, I thought, "Yeah! Another criminal bites the dust."

Now, it appears the one doing the shooting and his girlfriend may be the criminals, here.

Apparently, both Manyik (the shooter) and Adams (his girlfriend) laid a trap for Miles (Adam's old boyfriend). After he was killed, they called 911 and reported a thwarted burglary. They might have gotten away with it, too, except for the fact neither of them were very smart:

"On Monday, a detective with the office told the detective on the Manyik case he received a voicemail on his phone from Manyik telling the detective he was going to shoot Miles in the belly with a shotgun. Manyik had left the message Friday (the day before the shooting), but the detective hadn't heard it until Monday."

I'm not sure if they cooked the entire thing up, or if Miles had actually threatened Adams as Manyik originally claimed. Regardless, luring someone to your home in order to kill them is 1st Degree Murder, and will find you spending the rest of your days in jail, if not the the chair.

Stupid is as stupid does. Do they serve boxes of chocolates in prison?

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I don't care how stupid you are, why in the world would you leave a cop a message saying that you are going to kill somebody? That is way beyond stupid.

Last edited:

Shooter McGee

When I first read the news, I thought, "Yeah! Another criminal bites the dust."

Now, it appears the one doing the shooting and his girlfriend may be the criminals, here.

Apparently, both Manyik (the shooter) and Adams (his girlfriend) laid a trap for Miles (Adam's old boyfriend). After he was killed, they called 911 and reported a thwarted burglary. They might have gotten away with it, too, except for the fact neither of them were very smart:

"On Monday, a detective with the office told the detective on the Manyik case he received a voicemail on his phone from Manyik telling the detective he was going to shoot Miles in the belly with a shotgun. Manyik had left the message Friday (the day before the shooting), but the detective hadn't heard it until Monday."

I'm not sure if they cooked the entire thing up, or if Miles had actually threatened Adams as Manyik originally claimed. Regardless, luring someone to your home in order to kill them is 1st Degree Murder, and will find you spending the rest of your days in jail, if not the the chair.

Stupid is as stupid does. Do they serve boxes of chocolates in prison?

wow. just wow(face in palm). poor efin guy. may the victim rest in peace and the other 2 rot in prison. wow.

MilProGuy

I've found that, in this life, many things are not what they initially appear to be.

It is a good thing that we have law enforcement investigators to get to the bottom of the matter, rather than taking everyone's initial deposition at face value.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Those killers are about as sharp as a billiard ball! Talk about dumb.

"Hello... Police Department.... I'm gonna commit 1st degree murder and make it look like a burglary... just so we understand each other!"

Gimme a break.

The next call:

"Hello... warden... my cellmate keeps me up at night... and not in a nice way either!"

Good bye Calhan, hello Canon City!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

RebelWolf

Wow.... Just... WOW.... what boneheads.... We need to bring back public executions; the noose, or firing squad would deter crime of the violent nature. OR, instead of the judge sentencing you, the person's family gets to decide your fate (if convicted). :shocker: THAT would be the ultimate "power to the people" move!

I'm just happy to read that these thugs got caught.

Peace,

RebelWolf