Thread: senator mike ellis (RINO-Neenah) guns shouldn't be in capitol

senator mike ellis (RINO-Neenah) guns shouldn't be in capitol

Chandler, AZ
    This is what I sent Kedzie:

Senator Kedzie,

Senate President Mike Ellis, R-Neenah, said he believes guns do not belong in the Senate chamber.
    "We have enough problems as it is without having Tom Mix and Hopalong Cassidy with their six-shooters out here," Ellis said.
    Ellis said he opposed having guns in the state Capitol at all.
    "They shouldn't be in the Capitol period, but we lost that one," Ellis said. "So we should at least keep them out of the balcony and off of the floor of the Senate."

Read more:

I hope carry will be allowed in your office.

Paul L Fisher
    Last edited by; 10-27-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    If he feels that way, neither should he............

Lex malla, lex nulla

West Allis, WI
    The only "6 shooter" I have is a K frame S&W .38 that I have no intention of carrying.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Herr Heckler Koch

Updated: Oct. 27, 2011 3:54 p.m | No guns in gallery, on Senate floor only.

Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    I have a 5 shooter 38 spec & a 13 shooter G21...guess I am good to go right. good thing I don't have a 6 shooter AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Terra, Sol
    "I wanted a touchdown; I got a field goal," Ellis said Thursday. Earlier in the day he had said, "We have enough problems as it is without having Tom Mix and Hopalong Cassidy with their six-guns" on the floor.
    Yet another Republican that needs to get a real job.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."

in front of my computer, WI
    Other than prohibiting carry in a municipal courtroom while court is in session,
    and possibly if part of a building is a police station & part isn't,
    I see nothing in the new law saying that a taxpayer-owned building may allow carry while individual offices (or rooms) within that building may prohibit it.

If the power is not given to the gov't by the people, the gov't doesn't have the power.

ETA: I think Mr. Ellis' attitude toward citizens is reprehensible.
    He needs to be replaced.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 10-27-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.