• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

senator mike ellis (RINO-Neenah) guns shouldn't be in capitol

paul@paul-fisher.com

This is what I sent Kedzie:

Senator Kedzie,

Really?

Senate President Mike Ellis, R-Neenah, said he believes guns do not belong in the Senate chamber.
"We have enough problems as it is without having Tom Mix and Hopalong Cassidy with their six-shooters out here," Ellis said.
Ellis said he opposed having guns in the state Capitol at all.
"They shouldn't be in the Capitol period, but we lost that one," Ellis said. "So we should at least keep them out of the balcony and off of the floor of the Senate."

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...0c7-11e1-9de3-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1c0nhaKgP

I hope carry will be allowed in your office.
[/FONT]

--

Paul L Fisher

Last edited:

protias

The only "6 shooter" I have is a K frame S&W .38 that I have no intention of carrying.

HandyHamlet

"I wanted a touchdown; I got a field goal," Ellis said Thursday. Earlier in the day he had said, "We have enough problems as it is without having Tom Mix and Hopalong Cassidy with their six-guns" on the floor.

Yet another Republican that needs to get a real job.

MKEgal

Other than prohibiting carry in a municipal courtroom while court is in session,
and possibly if part of a building is a police station & part isn't,
I see nothing in the new law saying that a taxpayer-owned building may allow carry while individual offices (or rooms) within that building may prohibit it.

If the power is not given to the gov't by the people, the gov't doesn't have the power.

ETA: I think Mr. Ellis' attitude toward citizens is reprehensible.
He needs to be replaced.

Last edited: