• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New handgun today, first day open carry report.

csaunders

Well, I finally got my first hand gun today. A 9MM Glock 19 Gen 4. I also opened carryed for the first time as well.

Walmart Albermarle rd.

No issues. Had a cart pusher ask me if I was a detective. I politlely told him "No, I just carry for my self protection." he smiled and told me to have a good day. Ran into a worker who worked at the sporting goods section. She told me her husband was a member of Opencarry.org as well. Had about a 25 min conversation with her. Very nice lady.

Mcdonalds on sharon amity.

No encounters. Got my lunch and ate it without incident.

Walmart in Concord.

No incidents. was there visiting a buddy who worked there.

Gamestop, concord.

Got my battlefield 3 xbox game. No issues.

Went to the range and fired 150 rounds. Love the feel of the glock. Hope to see yall at the next meeting!

-Chris

csaunders

Thanks dude! Was a awesome experience for sure. Nervous at first but quickly gained confidence when I assured myself I was doing absolutely nothing wrong.