• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Male with a firearm taken into custody by Henrico Police outside J. Sargeant Reynolds

TraumaRN

During an afternoon news break on WRVA, they covered the story and had a spokesperson for the HPD making some statements. He did reluctantly state that carrying the rifle was not illegal but there were some circumstances he was not at liberty to share. The tone sounded like they were fishing for cover as to how they detained him. Wonder if the guy had just bought the rifle at walmart and was walking home?

TraumaRN

Also Brookland Middle School is not far from JSR, easily within 1000ft of parts of the boundary and parham road, wonder if he gets charged with that as well.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
During an afternoon news break on WRVA, they covered the story and had a spokesperson for the HPD making some statements. He did reluctantly state that carrying the rifle was not illegal but there were some circumstances he was not at liberty to share. The tone sounded like they were fishing for cover as to how they detained him. Wonder if the guy had just bought the rifle at walmart and was walking home?

He had a rifle? Hadn't seen that info before.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Also Brookland Middle School is not far from JSR, easily within 1000ft of parts of the boundary and parham road, wonder if he gets charged with that as well.

That's not a violation o STATE law and as far as I've found, he hasn't been charged with anything yet.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think Philip was a little embarrassed at the meeting with Henrico when I pulled out the video of the Officer running into a goup of OC'ers with his Taser drawn but the simple fact is, they have to sets of policies. One that they give to the gun lobby which closely resembles MUSHROOM HABITAT....and the one they follow which means they do pretty much what they feel like.

If they have to explain it, they exempt FOIA's as a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION then say it involves SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES or officer safety or blame it on the emotional stress of the situation.

I believe one comment in that meeting was "We're only human"...Should read "We're only Stoopid!"

I really get fed up with this BS.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thank you for jumping on that one before I could.

I don't know why people harp on that. They think nothing about talking about armed revolution (Sedition), or shooting thieves the shed (Murder) but sound like a broken record wringing their hands over an unenforceable federal law.

It's the Boogey Man.

Sangre

Why on this planet of the gods would he relinquish his firearm?

"No continuous threat to students, faculty, or staff was imminent after the police encounter." What continuous threat was imminent BEFORE the encounter?

Why would you call the campus police for something taking place off campus?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Well I called the campus police because they are the ones that sent out the e-mail to me, and it stated they responded so I figured they would be able to provide me with more info than was in the e-mail. They have some overlapped jurisdiction in the areas immediately surrounding the campus, I don't remember exactly but it's something specific like 1000 yards. The campus is immediately off Parham road, so if the guy with the gun had been walking off the road past the curb on the campus side I would consider him on the campus and they are saying he wasn't but not where exactly he was. They also have or used to have leased office space in an office building across the street and another building close by on the same side of Parham as the main campus that are consider school property as well I believe. Also, when I took classes here in all the (limited) dealings I had with the security/police they where very professional and didn't have an "I'm better than you" power trip air around them, I can not say I've been so lucky with all of the Henrico Officers I have dealt with which :/

I missed the news report about the incident but hopefully I can call Henrico today although it sounds like they probably won't be willing to provide much more information.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well I called the campus police because they are the ones that sent out the e-mail to me, and it stated they responded so I figured they would be able to provide me with more info than was in the e-mail. They have some overlapped jurisdiction in the areas immediately surrounding the campus,

I think Tess was just asking a rhetorical question about why the complaint was called into Campus Police....I think?:confused:

wylde007

I still haven't seen a reference to any crime actually having been committed.

If this is in Henrico maybe he had a 21 rd magazine? (§ 18.2-287.4) :banghead:

Repeater

If they have to explain it, they exempt FOIA's as a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION then say it involves SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES or officer safety or blame it on the emotional stress of the situation.

That exemption need fixing next year in the General Assembly. Of course, the cops will oppose it ...

DocWalker

The tax payers pay.

And the taxpayer gets pissed that their elected officials...i.e Mayor, City Council, and others let these ROUGE cops harrass the SAME TAXPAYERS. Thus maybe voting them out of office, if not these idiot taxpayers can keep paying for the abuse of its cops that are controlled by the elected officials.

Simple if someone keeps poking you tell them to stop....if they don't make them stop.

SovereignAxe

Why on this planet of the gods would he relinquish his firearm?

"No continuous threat to students, faculty, or staff was imminent after the police encounter." What continuous threat was imminent BEFORE the encounter?

Why would you call the campus police for something taking place off campus?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Tess, would you be a polytheist or a BSG fan?

Enquiring minds want to know! ;)