• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Male with a firearm taken into custody by Henrico Police outside J. Sargeant Reynolds

Sangre

FROM THE JSRCC DEPARTMENT OF POLICE

Earlier today, the JSRCC Department of Police received a call about a male walking on Parham Road with an alleged firearm. JSRCC and Henrico County Police immediately responded, encountering a male with a firearm walking on Parham Road near the campus. The individual immediately relinquished his firearm to the police and was taken into custody by the Henrico County Division of Police. No continuous threat to students, faculty, or staff was imminent after the police encounter. If you see any suspicious activity near or on one of our campuses, please contact the JSRCC Department of Police immediately at 804-523-5911.

I was very curious about this, the e-mail was sent out to students around 1PM today, I just saw it and was curious as to what happened, since it doesn't mention the man doing anything illegal so it could be they thwarted an attempted crazed killer, or some guy was just OC'ing down the street. The campus police/security non-emergency number is 804-523-5219. I called and spoke with somebody and asked what was going on and he wasn't able to provide much information, aside from saying that the man was taken into custody by Henrico Police and that he was on Parham road and never entered the campus. I asked if the man had done or said anything suspicious or threatening, he told me that he was not sure why he was carrying a gun but that there where no longer any safety threats. He referred me to Henrico Police for more information I plan on calling them later today or tomorrow to see if they can shed more light on the situation.

I also found something interesting on the JSRCC website while looking around, they have a "Behavioural Intervention Team", and list what you should do if you see something specific and what should cause you to report a student to them. For example if somebody you know has recently tried to obtain weapons, you should contact 911 or Campus Police immediately...
http://www.jsr.vccs.edu/studentaffairs/bit.htm

Has anybody heard anything else about this?

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I just perused several Richmond area local TV station websites, the Times Dispatch website and WRVA website and saw no mention of this. If this guy wasn't doing anything illegal it sounds like the clowns in Henrico may have some explaining to do.

Did a search of Henrico Co. arrests and found nothing there either that was explicitly firearm related.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
....snip..... and list what you should do if you see something specific and what should cause you to report a student to them. For example if somebody you know has recently tried to obtain weapons, you should contact 911 or Campus Police immediately...

Has anybody heard anything else about this?

Didn't see that wording at all - what I saw was bad enough though:

You are a Moderate Risk if you make comments about weapons.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have a long, detailed video of the Henrico Police explaining how they handle a "Man WithA Gun" Call.

I'll be real interested to see if they followed protocol.
Bet they didn't!:uhoh:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
That page pisses me off. I'm thinking about sending a polite email to the school about it - and I live in NC.

I might send it to theblaze.com too - see how the school likes THAT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

That page pisses me off. I'm thinking about sending a polite email to the school about it - and I live in NC.

I might send it to theblaze.com too - see how the school likes THAT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Evry little bit of attention helps.

Sent using tapatalk

Tess

Founder's Club Member
FROM THE JSRCC DEPARTMENT OF POLICE

Earlier today, the JSRCC Department of Police received a call about a male walking on Parham Road with an alleged firearm. JSRCC and Henrico County Police immediately responded, encountering a male with a firearm walking on Parham Road near the campus. The individual immediately relinquished his firearm to the police and was taken into custody by the Henrico County Division of Police. No continuous threat to students, faculty, or staff was imminent after the police encounter. If you see any suspicious activity near or on one of our campuses, please contact the JSRCC Department of Police immediately at 804-523-5911.

Why on this planet of the gods would he relinquish his firearm?

"No continuous threat to students, faculty, or staff was imminent after the police encounter." What continuous threat was imminent BEFORE the encounter?

Why would you call the campus police for something taking place off campus?

Enquiring minds want to know.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Why on this planet of the gods would he relinquish his firearm?

"No continuous threat to students, faculty, or staff was imminent after the police encounter." What continuous threat was imminent BEFORE the encounter?

Why would you call the campus police for something taking place off campus?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Working on it Tess!

He relinquished his firearm because he was taken into custody (Detained I think). You only have two choices ....use it or give it up.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Earlier today, the JSRCC Department of Police received a call about a male walking on Parham Road with an alleged firearm.

Phhht!!

Earlier today the JSRCC PD received a call about a male walking on Parham Road wearing shoes!!!!

Activate the campus e-mail alert system!! Run, run!! Hide! O! My! GOD!!

But, wait! Was he wearing a shirt!?!?

/sarcasm

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
"If you get upset when we lie about you, insult you, and spread lies defaming the concept of common-sense in general; you are a threat."

Same old story...