• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Male with a firearm taken into custody by Henrico Police outside J. Sargeant Reynolds

user

Accomplished Advocate
...I pulled out the video of the Officer running into a goup of OC'ers with his Taser drawn ....

I'm curious, though this is slightly off topic; did that guy with the taser live, despite having assaulted a number of armed folks with what appeared to be a drawn weapon, thus creating the apprehension of an immediate and serious bodily injury, without cause, justification, privilege, or excuse?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm curious, though this is slightly off topic; did that guy with the taser live, despite having assaulted a number of armed folks with what appeared to be a drawn weapon, thus creating the apprehension of an immediate and serious bodily injury, without cause, justification, privilege, or excuse?

Since we were all law abiding people who wouldn't think of assaulting an officer:eek:

He did indeed survive us, however...

After I pulled out a video of the faux pas during a presentation the Department was giving telling how they only respond to a "Man with a gun" call in a lawful and responsible manner and the video showed him violating nearly every policy they had just shown in their video presentation....and since one of the participants had been the head of internal affairs and his only comment was to give me his card which he wrote the name and phone number of the current head of I.A.

He may not have survived the inquiry:banana:

Henrico Cop Draws Taser on Legal OC'ers:lol:

[video=vimeo;24658229]http://vimeo.com/24658229[/video]

Last edited:

zoom6zoom

"Symptoms of Emotional Distress"

"Making comments about weapons"

Wow, we all must be really messed up emotionally from all this gun talking we do.
Well, then, if they want to apply this fairly, they had better include those making negative comments about weapons, too. Those folks are definitely dealing from an emotional standpoint.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

At last check, yes - but he was having trouble getting a full breath of air - a nervous condition, I think.

scouser

It doesn't matter how many times I see this video clip I can't understand why he even had the taser in his hand. If you are a threat to safety shouldn't he have 15 of his buddies surround you first?
I'm glad I hadn't started coming to breakfast when that happened. I know I usually arrive after everyone else and stay after you leave, but I keep thinking when I see this that if I'd been there I'd have been standing with my back to the camera, close to the sidewalk and holding Logan's right arm with my left hand to keep him furthest from the most obvious danger in a parking lot, moving vehicles. That idiot would have come around the car passing a taser from one hand to the other while pointing it basically in the direction of my son's chest, and if I'd said anything to him about it I'd be the one in the wrong in his mind. I know it's hypothetical, but the thought that it could happen worries me

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What does the shade of his cheekbone highlights have to do with anything?

Damn Wylde...With all the Pixel Peepers we have here we'll have to start posting Pitchers instead of words!:lol:

Rogue:
51E01eEKz%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Cmdr_Haggis

It doesn't matter how many times I see this video clip I can't understand why he even had the taser in his hand. If you are a threat to safety shouldn't he have 15 of his buddies surround you first?

I was wondering the same thing. If there is such a concern about officer safety, he didn't seem to have that concern at the time. He just kind of strolled on up to everyone and even appeared to have one person in his blind spot. I'm no law dawg but that didn't appear to be much of a tactical position for him if he was, indeed, concerned about himself or the public.

I like these videos. I don't know why...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was wondering the same thing. If there is such a concern about officer safety, he didn't seem to have that concern at the time. He just kind of strolled on up to everyone and even appeared to have one person in his blind spot. I'm no law dawg but that didn't appear to be much of a tactical position for him if he was, indeed, concerned about himself or the public.

I like these videos. I don't know why...

He really wasn't watching. I was wearing a 4"-44 Magnum and had a little Zoom Q3HD I filmed him with...and he turned his back on me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What does the shade of his cheekbone highlights have to do with anything?

Very good!

Then there is the supporter of such Blue Rouges = Rouge de l'Ouest, a breed of sheep.

The yapping/baying of one, coupled with the bleating of the other makes for an inharmonious/discordant sound.

When will the sheep learn to understand, it is in the Wolf's job description to eat the sheep.

I take it that there is NO word on what charges if any this man faces ??

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Very good!

I take it that there is NO word on what charges if any this man faces ??

From what I've gotten, and that's very little for obvious reasons, he was not charged with anything because he didn't break any laws.

wylde007

From what I've gotten, and that's very little for obvious reasons, he was not charged with anything because he didn't break any laws.
Yep, just violated policy.

A minor technicality. Probably going to get a strong talking to and a "Now don't do it again" admonishing in the vein of Brian of Nazareth inside the Coliseum.