• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gonzalez Guilty on Lesser Charge

MKEgal

Interceptor_Knight said:
If someone uses excessive force, causes the death of another and does not have reasonable justification for it, we should all expect them to be held accountable.
CUOfficer said:
He didn't bother to explain the situation and had no justification for why he fired.
Did he have any marks on his body from being assaulted?
No justification?? He said he was assaulted by the 2 of them.
2 on 1, them already drunk & rowdy... Sounds reasonable to me.
And according to the criminal complaint, no, he didn't have any marks other than a scratch on his forehead. But why should anyone have to wait for 2 guys to beat on him before stopping the crime?

According to the criminal complaint, the bartender explained that the 2 attackers were thrown out of the bar for being rowdy (swearing & burning money) & both bringing in their own beer & trying to take beer they'd bought there out of the bar.
The guy who is paralyzed said that they weren't causing trouble & left the bar voluntarily.
Then the bartender changed his story at trial.

According to the criminal complaint, they have Jesus calling 911 saying he was assaulted by 2 men & shot at the car.
According to the criminal complaint, several witnesses heard Jesus tell the 911 dispatcher that 2 men assaulted him.

According to the criminal complaint, the guy who died just said "a white male" shot him.
The guy who is paralyzed couldn't give any info on who shot him.
Then he changed his story & said a hispanic male, but couldn't give any identifying info.
Then he changed his story & was supposedly able to pick a picture of Jesus out of an array & tell exactly how he'd walked out of the bar & down the street & exactly what Jesus had done & said.

So the people saying Jesus acting unreasonably have witnesses who repeatedly change their stories & outright lie.
And Jesus called to report the assault right away, waited calmly, etc., as we're told a good citizen should.
Look where that's gotten him!

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

No justification?? He said he was assaulted by the 2 of them.
2 on 1, them already drunk & rowdy... Sounds reasonable to me.

According to the criminal complaint, they have Jesus calling 911 saying he was assaulted by 2 men & shot at the car.
According to the criminal complaint, several witnesses heard Jesus tell the 911 dispatcher that 2 men assaulted him.
.....And Jesus called to report the assault right away, waited calmly, etc., as we're told a good citizen should.
Look where that's gotten him!

According to the 911 recording he stated that they "tried" to assault him. He made no claims of actually being physically assaulted.... None..
A man in a car can not assault someone unless he has a weapon or hits them with the car. That did not happen. Jesus saw no weapons and said so to the 911 operator.
Drunk and rowdy is absolutely irrelevant to the use of deadly force unless they are an imminent threat to someone's life. There was no physical assault. Jesus reacted to a perceived threat and from all reports, he over reacted. That is why he was convicted of a crime.

Jesus also left a man to die in the street. How do you justify that?

oak1971

According to the 911 recording he stated that they "tried" to assault him. He made no claims of actually being physically assaulted.... None..
A man in a car can not assault someone unless he has a weapon or hits them with the car. That did not happen. Jesus saw no weapons and said so to the 911 operator.
Drunk and rowdy is absolutely irrelevant to the use of deadly force unless they are an imminent threat to someone's life. There was no physical assault. Jesus reacted to a perceived threat and from all reports, he over reacted. That is why he was convicted of a crime.

Jesus also left a man to die in the street. How do you justify that?

They were the aggressors and got what they deserved.

Interceptor_Knight

According to court records, Gonzalez called 911 after the shooting saying, "I just had two individuals try to assault me when I was going outside to move my car."
When the dispatcher asked Gonzalez if the men had weapons, he said, "I don't know what they had, but they must have thought that I was not armed."

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/23601147/detail.html#ixzz1cC8nImZa
Besides his 911 call, Gonzalez, 24, has given no other statement, and did not testify at trial. .

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Simple assault and even battery are not capital crimes and do not justify the use of deadly force in defense unless there was a threat of imminent death. No such evidence was brought forward in this trial so a reasonable person may assume that none existed.

Exactly, there is absolutely no evidence that they were the aggressors.

Interceptor_Knight

Since all we have is speculation, here is another possible scenerio. Perhaps the first shot was a ND. He may never intended to pull the trigger at the time. Who deliberately aims at the throat to stop a threat?
The uncle who was in the car likely freaked out and started screaming since his nephew was just shot and fell to the ground. Jesus may have panicked and then shot into the car. Since there was no testimony we may never know.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Since all we have is speculation, here is another possible scenerio. Perhaps the first shot was a ND. He may never intended to pull the trigger at the time. Who deliberately aims at the throat to stop a threat?
The uncle who was in the car likely freaked out and started screaming since his nephew was just shot and fell to the ground. Jesus may have panicked and then shot into the car. Since there was no testimony we may never know.
Good grief! Maybe space aliens came down, took the gun and shot the guys. See, I can make up ridiculous scenarios too! None of it helps Jesus or his family cope with this tragedy. Give the gossip a rest, if you can....

Interceptor_Knight

Good grief! Maybe space aliens came down, took the gun and shot the guys. See, I can make up ridiculous scenarios too! None of it helps Jesus or his family cope with this tragedy. Give the gossip a rest, if you can....

By his own admission, Jesus shot and paralyzed Jared Corn and shot and killed Danny John. We know as an irrefutable fact that space aliens did not do it. It is too bad that their families have to try and cope without knowing the whole story.

BROKENSPROKET

justice is dead in this country.

Jutice is not dead. One BG is dead and another is crippled. I would say Justice is not always fair. J.G. should not have to spend time for this.

I wonder it 'Stand Your Ground' passes that somehow hemight get a new trial. Not based on that, but if he gets an appeal if the new legislation could/would be considered.

Max

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

You do not have to believe that your life is in imminent danger in order to use deadly force in defending yourself. If you believed, and facts support, that you faced a crippling injury, deadly force may be deployed.

Imminent danger of death or great bodily harm is required in WI. While a permanantly crippling injury could be considered "great bodily harm" my point is to ensure you are putting advice from Massad or any other non-resident of WI in context with WI law. Massad is a New Hampshire LEO and not a WI LEO.

939.48  Self-defense and defense of others.....
The actor may not intentionally use force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm unless the actor reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself.
939.22  Words and phrases defined.
(14) "Great bodily harm" means bodily injury which creates a substantial risk of death,. or which causes serious permanent disfigurement,. or which causes a permanent or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ or other serious bodily injury.

Last edited: