Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 128

Thread: Radio Commercial has libs going crazy

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Radio Commercial has libs going crazy

    Just heard this awesome commercial for a CHL course in Texas.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfYEQ48sPQ

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    Just heard this awesome commercial for a CHL course in Texas.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfYEQ48sPQ
    Well, he is certainly entitled to his opinions and to teaching whoever he wants to teach. Might turn some people off but I am guessing that his business is good enough that he doesn't have to worry about it.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gravel Switch, KY
    Posts
    544
    He had me up until "non-christian".

    The stab at the Obama voters was funny though.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    I love it .
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Is that legal?

    Can you unashamedly deny services to a customer because of their religion or lack thereof?

    I mean, people (including the government) do it all the time, but you can actually SAY that religion is the reason?

    Freedom of Religion is a civil right, correct? Meaning it cannot legally be held against you unlike the Right to Bear Arms often is, correct?

  6. #6
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Is that legal?

    Can you unashamedly deny services to a customer because of their religion or lack thereof?

    I mean, people (including the government) do it all the time, but you can actually SAY that religion is the reason?

    Freedom of Religion is a civil right, correct? Meaning it cannot legally be held against you unlike the Right to Bear Arms often is, correct?
    Can he? Sure. Is it legal? Depends on how the courts would choose to interpret it(I've given up on looking for logic and reasoning in the courts. I'd have better odds guessing lottery numbers.) Given the precedence of Jones v. Alfred H. Mayer Co. and Runyon v. McCrary it would seem that, no, he can't legally do that. In reality, as you've said, it happens all the time and unless someone with an ax to grind cares to do something about it, he will probably do so successfully.

    Edit: typos
    Last edited by Darkshadow62988; 10-28-2011 at 04:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Can he? Sure. Is it legal? Depends on how the courts would choose to interpret it(I've given up on looking for logic and reasoning in the courts. I'd have better odds guessing lottery numbers.) Given the precedence of Jones v. Alfred H. Mayer Co. and Runyon v. McCrary it would seem that, no, he can't legally do that. In reality, as you've said, it happens all the time and unless someone with an ax to grind cares to do something about it, he will probably do so successfully.

    Edit: typos
    Well then what ever happened to a business having the right to refuse service to anyone?

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Brion View Post
    Well then what ever happened to a business having the right to refuse service to anyone?
    The civil right act.

    just have to be careful about the reason you use to refuse service!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    The civil right act.

    just have to be careful about the reason you use to refuse service!
    And here I was thinking I didn't have to give a reason.

    I play out stuff Like this in my head all the time.

    Lib: Why won't you teach your CHL class to me?
    Me: I reserve the right to refuse to teach you.
    Lib: It's because I voted for Obama isn't it.
    Me: :Stare at you with an inplied facepalm:
    Lib: Answer me. Is that why?
    Me: You need to leave, and if you don't leave I'll be force to call the police. That is your warning or I'll have you charged for tresspassing. You Welcome is officially over.
    Lib: :starts his bs rant.
    Me: Leave now.

    Police: Why do you refuse to teach him.
    Me: I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
    Police: For what reason.
    Me: Doesn't matter to you. I told him to leave, and he didn't. I want him charged with tresspassing. That's all you need to be concerned with.

    Sorry, just how I play stuff out. I like the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid. Thought I like how the man is invoking his right. I expect he will get stomped on for it. So to put myself in his situation, he could do exactly what he says without ever saying it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    He had me up until "non-christian".

    The stab at the Obama voters was funny though.
    Actually the term he used was "non-christian Arab or moslim", I did not hear a pause indicating a comma which would have rendered his statement "non-christian, Arab, or moslim". Personally, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to deny service to the former group, and I don't think he intended the latter classification.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Green Bay area Conservative Radio 97.5fm / 1360 am talk show host Jerry Bader does nice segment on this today..I will post link to the podcast once it become available....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,415
    Racists morons are indeed alive and well in Texas.

    Also, no moron. You see, Muslims believe in the same God you do. Even if you claim they don't, they are still not "Godless", because they, much like you, lay claim to belief in a "God" using the same level of evidence and critical thinking that you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    He stated in the commercial that the REASON he can deny this class to the Muslims and liberals is NOT because of their religion, but because the law requires the applicant to demonstrate to the instructor that he is capable of making a rational, intelligent decision, and AS the instructor, he has determined that a vote for Big-O or a decision to embrace Islam does not meet that criteria. I think he is on solid ground!

    I just called Mr. Keller. He is a friendly man, but BUSY! I told him that I am going to purchase my next firearm from him, via his website.

    http://www.kellersstore.com/

    Every time one of these brain dead anti-American liberal socialists dies, I will celebrate the event by purchasing a new firearm, and having it engraved to commemorate the event. I already have my "Thank God Ted Kennedy is DEAD" Mossberg pump shotgun. I believe I'll purchase my "Thank God Moammar Gadhafi is DEAD" Commemorative Rifle from Mr. Keller.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mississippi/Tennessee
    Posts
    102
    I think it's pretty funny myself. Can't say I totally agree with him on all of it, but at least he's upfront with what he believes. He should be able to teach who he wants, whether or not he's a tad racist.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    He isn't a tad racist. He is judging people based on their demonstrated inability to make a rational decision.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    I'm curious as to what evidence points to racist. The man didn't say a simple Arab, that would have been racist. Not trusting those of another belief system is not the same as prejudging individuals of a race.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    The man is a bigot, and, while I may find his bigotry personally distasteful, as long as he does not deny another citizen their rights or liberties, I would say how he choses to run his business is his concern. He is not stopping those he is bigoted against from receiving the necessary training. Quite frankly, I could not imagine any one of those whom he states he will not train, wanting to be trained by such a narrow minded fool of a man(my opinion of him, and just as legitimate as his opinion of others).
    AUDE VIDE TACE

  18. #18
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Interesting...

    It'll be interesting to see what the libs do. They will probably send in a plant to see what he does.

  19. #19
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    The man is a bigot, and, while I may find his bigotry personally distasteful, as long as he does not deny another citizen their rights or liberties, I would say how he choses to run his business is his concern. He is not stopping those he is bigoted against from receiving the necessary training. Quite frankly, I could not imagine any one of those whom he states he will not train, wanting to be trained by such a narrow minded fool of a man(my opinion of him, and just as legitimate as his opinion of others).
    Yes he is. As an atheist, and someone who respects the rights of others to believe how they wish, I will not do business with a bigot when I can help it. And yes, he has the right to do business with whom he pleases, but I don't buy his "ability to make sound judgements" argument. I don't believe in the judeo-christian god for the same reason that Christians don't believe in any of the other gods. So by that argument, anyone that's religious doesn't have an ability to make sound judgements-which I do not believe.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    My main issue is in the non-christian Arab comment as it discriminates against a special group of people that aren't otherwise discriminated against based solely on their place of origin. For example a pagan or bhudist non-arab can take the class, but if they are an Arab and a pagan or bhudist then they can't. I don't agree with the Muslim discrimination, but if he feels that is a bad enough decision that is his choice. But to flat out discriminate against those of Arab origin unless they're Christian is just wrong.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Priceless, this dude deserves some cash with no expectation of a product or service in return.

    The non-christian Arab/Muslim comment is spot on and directly related to the socialist liberal comment. Well, I think so anyway.
    It is not spot on. It discriminates against people based off of their ethnicity and then provides an exception if they happen to believe the same thing he does. Aiming it at Muslims only would be one thing as it is saying that those who follow that religion he feels have shown to make a poor choice, but one can't control being an Arab.

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Yes he is. As an atheist, and someone who respects the rights of others to believe how they wish, I will not do business with a bigot when I can help it. And yes, he has the right to do business with whom he pleases, but I don't buy his "ability to make sound judgements" argument. I don't believe in the judeo-christian god for the same reason that Christians don't believe in any of the other gods. So by that argument, anyone that's religious doesn't have an ability to make sound judgements-which I do not believe.
    I wouldn't say he's a bigot as he apparently tolerates any religion outside of Muslims. The closest thing to a bigotted statement that he makes is blind discrimination against Arabs unless they are Christian. And while yes you can twist his arguement to say that anyone who follows a belief that you don't believe in doesn't have the ability to make sound judgements, that isn't what he comes across as saying. At least to me he has come across and said that he doesn't believe it to be a sound judgement to follow a religion that teaches it is basically ok to wage war on the "infidels" who refuse to follow the Muslim way. One could say it is akin to following Christianity back during the dark ages when it waged war on those who refused to convert and also worked to oppress the the people in order to keep them under the thumb of the church.


    Note that I'm not saying being a Muslim is bad choice (though I will say following those extremist teachings are a bad choice), I'm simply trying to look at it from what is most likely his view.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    It is not spot on. It discriminates against people based off of their ethnicity and then provides an exception if they happen to believe the same thing he does. Aiming it at Muslims only would be one thing as it is saying that those who follow that religion he feels have shown to make a poor choice, but one can't control being an Arab.



    I wouldn't say he's a bigot as he apparently tolerates any religion outside of Muslims. The closest thing to a bigotted statement that he makes is blind discrimination against Arabs unless they are Christian. And while yes you can twist his arguement to say that anyone who follows a belief that you don't believe in doesn't have the ability to make sound judgements, that isn't what he comes across as saying. At least to me he has come across and said that he doesn't believe it to be a sound judgement to follow a religion that teaches it is basically ok to wage war on the "infidels" who refuse to follow the Muslim way. One could say it is akin to following Christianity back during the dark ages when it waged war on those who refused to convert and also worked to oppress the the people in order to keep them under the thumb of the church.


    Note that I'm not saying being a Muslim is bad choice (though I will say following those extremist teachings are a bad choice), I'm simply trying to look at it from what is most likely his view.
    According to dictionary.com and most other definitions of bigot I've read you are correct! Being tolerant of all but one belief does not meet the criteria of "utterly intolerant of ANY..."

    "a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion."
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Well someone took issue with it. He is under investigation for possible discrimination.

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...153954962.html
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    According to dictionary.com and most other definitions of bigot I've read you are correct! Being tolerant of all but one belief does not meet the criteria of "utterly intolerant of ANY..."

    "a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion."

    Perhaps you missed Merriam-Webster's definition



    Definition of BIGOT

    : a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance



    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot


    I would say he regards members of a group with intolerance(both ethnic and political groups). I am comfortable with and will stand by calling this man a bigot.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    125
    ::: Rant hat on :::

    It's funny how only white people are accused of being racist or biggots while all colors of people from all religions and all backgrounds have some sort, no matter how faint, of dastaste or distrust for another race. Hell take a look at the NAACP. Those hate mongers accuse everyone else of having the problem all the while they are racist. Even the name of their orginazation is racist. If you look hard enough at any statement for long enough you could find racism even if that is not the intention of the person who made the comment. Throught my life I personally have encountered things that have made me believe cartain things. While I believe these certain things I have never done anything or told anyone to do anything that would cause another harm physically, fincanially, or otherwise. I don't think I should be labeled a racist for my beliefs and I dont think he should either unless he did refuse someone service for the reasons he listed in his ad.

    ::: Rant hat off :::

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •