• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cash IN HAND to become 501c(4)

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Ok guys, so far we have exactly 210.00 dollars of cash IN HAND. There are many others who have said they will pledge, so now is the time fellas. According to my last calculations we were up to right around 8-900 dollars. BUT all that matters is the cash in hand in life, so that's what we're going by. I will not deposit any checks until we have raised every last penny to become a 501c(4). If we do not make it, I will A) write void on it and send it back, or B) tear it up into tiny pieces and throw it away. That is up to you. Please do not post ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD AT ALL. This will be updated only when we have more funds in hand. Remember, every penny counts, 5, 10 dollars whatever you can spare it ALL adds up!

Stay safe,
Shane Belanger

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thirty-one people at $10.00 each = $310.00

It's a shame that so few people in Maine care enough to support such an organization as this. I know the economy is in the pits, but come on people where is your pride, dedication and belief in yourself and what Shane is trying to do.

You do realize that by not supporting this in word and deed, the absence of your support speaks negative volumes about you and Maine - right? You don't have to give a lot, but please give something.

Here's the link:

http://maineopencarry.org/donate.html
pixel.gif

Butch00

Maybe there are still people that refuse to get on their knees or
bend over, to consent to Government authority in an organization
that the government has no authority in.

All you are doing by becoming a 501c(4) is Consenting to
Government rules and regulations in your organization.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Maybe there are still people that refuse to get on their knees or
bend over, to consent to Government authority in an organization
that the government has no authority in.

All you are doing by becoming a 501c(4) is Consenting to
Government rules and regulations in your organization.

How else do you propose we legally* have a 2ndA organization?

Mirage1

Need to get more exposure

How else do you propose we legally* have a 2ndA organization?

I just donated to MOCA but I just learned about it tonight. MOCA needs to get the word out. I used to be a member of NRA but felt it was too big and was just trying to sell me stuff all the time. I'm really interested in this and a friend will come on board soon too. Lots of good supportive videos on Youtube on open carry.

jonjon_jon

This forum is dead slow.

Maine forum is at crawl, notice the fall off from when we all had one purpose? MOCA becoming 501c. Making a statement to Maine residents, police and goverment. If we want to breath life into this there is only one way. (We need a goal/mission).

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

The Open Carriers in Maine could learn alot from our bothers in Louisiana

This is the first paragraph of new post. I wanted to bring it to all Maine OC attention. This is where we should be heading. Please follow the link.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?97642-New-LOCAL-website-is-now-live

Our new website is live at www.laopencarry.org . Check it out.

Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) formed in the Summer of 2009 with a internet discussion forum. Since then there have been regular monthly meetings, elections of officers, adoption of bylaws, dues and donations collected, education efforts which have included mailing out thousands of our informational brochures to Law Enforcement agencies and officials as well as news media and putting our brochures at gunshows across the state. LOCAL even put up a Facebook page and started a Twitter account.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just sharing some thoughts and observations.

The difference at this point in time is that LOCAL has a solid core of dedicated, committed people working in unison.

Even so they have suffered somewhat with the same malaise - apathy of potential new members. It takes time and nurturing to make such an organization grow. Drumming up additional membership in the early stages is the most difficult but necessary function. Without the interest any group will wither, no matter how noble the cause.

Lepine1

Time to act or scrap this project

I know that there are college students in this group. How about approaching them in coming up with a marketing plan. We need slogans, and inexpensive outreach programs. Use of the free internet in various targeted places. etc. Inexpensive brochures would be a good start. If no one is going to devote time to this cause it will never get off the ground. Those wanting to see this happen need to get involved. I am willing to devote time and some money but no one person can make this happen. We must have a strategy meeting.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I am currently in the process of returning the money sent to me to become a 501(c)4. You should see the funds returned to you in a couple of days if you sent them via paypal and I can either A) tear up your check that you sent me, or B) write void on it and return it to you. Your call. It's going to take me a couple days for paypal because I have to request a history of the transactions then move the funds from the MOCA bank account back into paypal and issue the refunds. Thanks all for your effort... we tried.