Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: 21 finally

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155

    21 finally

    So, Just turned 21 about a week ago (Oct 20)
    Purchasing the S&W M&P9c on the 31'st (payday)
    after it gets here, (5-7 days blah blah blah) anyone up for going to the range? I'm going to have to break it in.

  2. #2
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Hopefully you get it before Nov 5th and you could come to the pit in Olympia. Congrats on your future purchase.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Nice choice for your first purchase. Glad to see I am not the only one who was eager to get my first handgun. I got mine within three days of my birthday, then I got another about twenty days later. My FFL had to hold it since Virginia has a one handgun a month rule. (I am now exempt since I got my CHP, silly P4Ps) Fair warning, it is addictive. Four years later and I now have 16 handguns.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    Yeah, I've grown up around weapons, i own a 659 S&W that is in FL, and i would have purchased one on my birthday had it not been a matter of finances.

    as far as the pumpkin shoot, that all depends on how long it takes for the wait period to end, if anything maybe i could bring my 12 gauge out? haha

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    Also, while on this topic, does anyone have any good suggestions for an open carry holster for the Mp 9c?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    42
    Get something that's comfortale for you, open carry you want the weapon to feel very close to your body at all times. I prefer Kydex, but leather looks & feels great. All depends on what you like personally, go to a gun shop, try a couple different ones.

  7. #7
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Whatever you get, make sure it has retention.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Happy Birthday. Keep Calm and Carry on.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  9. #9
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    So, Just turned 21 about a week ago (Oct 20)
    Purchasing the S&W M&P9c on the 31'st (payday)
    after it gets here, (5-7 days blah blah blah) anyone up for going to the range? I'm going to have to break it in.
    Not sure where you are in WA, but even if they don't "release" your gun by the 5th come out to the pit anyway. You can shoot my 9mm for some practice, and I'm sure a lot of others will let you try theirs. Especially if you bring your own ammo, you can melt my barrel for all I care (lifetime warranty). I'll have 9mm, 7.62X39, .22, and 12 GA based weapons. BTW Cabelas has 9mm for $8.99, and 7.62 for $4.49 right now.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    sent you a PM gold digger

  11. #11
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Not sure where you are in WA, but even if they don't "release" your gun by the 5th come out to the pit anyway. You can shoot my 9mm for some practice, and I'm sure a lot of others will let you try theirs. Especially if you bring your own ammo, you can melt my barrel for all I care (lifetime warranty). I'll have 9mm, 7.62X39, .22, and 12 GA based weapons. BTW Cabelas has 9mm for $8.99, and 7.62 for $4.49 right now.
    I'll also have a 9 mm, 7.62x39, and a .223 if I make it out there.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  12. #12
    Activist Member SigGuy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Freeland, WA
    Posts
    323
    where do you live in WA? If your close enough, I would be happy to go to the range with you. I need a good range buddy since the one I had is on deployment right now.

  13. #13
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Not sure where you are in WA, but even if they don't "release" your gun by the 5th come out to the pit anyway. You can shoot my 9mm for some practice, and I'm sure a lot of others will let you try theirs. Especially if you bring your own ammo, you can melt my barrel for all I care (lifetime warranty). I'll have 9mm, 7.62X39, .22, and 12 GA based weapons. BTW Cabelas has 9mm for $8.99, and 7.62 for $4.49 right now.
    Are you talking about that steel cased Herter's stuff? I've been thinking about trying it for practice. Is it any good?
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Are you talking about that steel cased Herter's stuff? I've been thinking about trying it for practice. Is it any good?
    I use 9mm BVAC, its made out of Montana (where I am from). You can also picked it up in Lakewood, WA at Surplus Ammo. Its the cheapest, only 16 cents a round (1000 for $165, sometimes they have specials). If you pick it up at surplus ammo no shipping, if you pick it up in Montana (I go regularly) its no shipping and no tax and its only 15 cents a round. Shoots clean, its the only stuff I use for range ammo.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 10-28-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  15. #15
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Are you talking about that steel cased Herter's stuff? I've been thinking about trying it for practice. Is it any good?
    Yep, for plinking it's great. Especially when I shoot at a range where you have to pick up your "brass". I use a stick with a magnet on the end , and just "sweep" it up. I've only had one round not go "bang". I keep a couple of thousand rounds on hand.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  16. #16
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    I use 9mm BVAC, its made out of Montana (where I am from). You can also picked it up in Lakewood, WA at Surplus Ammo. Its the cheapest, only 16 cents a round (1000 for $165, sometimes they have specials). If you pick it up at surplus ammo no shipping, if you pick it up in Montana (I go regularly) its no shipping and no tax and its only 15 cents a round. Shoots clean, its the only stuff I use for range ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Yep, for plinking it's great. Especially when I shoot at a range where you have to pick up your "brass". I use a stick with a magnet on the end , and just "sweep" it up. I've only had one round not go "bang". I keep a couple of thousand rounds on hand.
    HMMMMMMM *scratches chin*

    I can't excatly afford $170 right yet, but I'll be bookmarking that page. I do think I'm going to try out Herter's though. I've been eyeballing that $9 box for the past couple of months.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    well, plans got accelerated just slightly,

    went out and paid for the concealed permit today, then decided eh, why not let them start my paperwork now to, so i went and filled out the forms for my M&P, they said it should be ready and cleared by next friday!! So, I will probably be joining you all on the 5th with a handgun needing to be broken in, and a shotgun that could always use more rounds thru it

    Also went ahead and purchased a Blackhawk holster today....all in all, 670$ later... (permit, holster, and S&W M&P 9C, with night sights and three mags) the weapon was only 509,

  18. #18
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    well, plans got accelerated just slightly,

    went out and paid for the concealed permit today, then decided eh, why not let them start my paperwork now to, so i went and filled out the forms for my M&P, they said it should be ready and cleared by next friday!! So, I will probably be joining you all on the 5th with a handgun needing to be broken in, and a shotgun that could always use more rounds thru it

    Also went ahead and purchased a Blackhawk holster today....all in all, 670$ later... (permit, holster, and S&W M&P 9C, with night sights and three mags) the weapon was only 509,
    Good to hear then all you need are some evil pumpkins!
    Also another idea: $17 target stand
    http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=377
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    where can i find a bunch of pumpkins after halloween???

  20. #20
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    where can i find a bunch of pumpkins after halloween???
    On about half the front porches in my neighborhood That is unless the local High School kids come through late Halloween night and smash them all in the middle of the street.

    You can also go to the local produce stands and make an offer on leftovers. Might get a deal.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  21. #21
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    On about half the front porches in my neighborhood That is unless the local High School kids come through late Halloween night and smash them all in the middle of the street.

    You can also go to the local produce stands and make an offer on leftovers. Might get a deal.
    +1

    Safeway, Albertsons, QFC, etc.... will all cut you a bulk deal within few days after Halloween in my experience.

    Bring a pickup truck if you got one.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    155
    well,

    I bought ANOTHER firearm, from a private seller this time (Still waiting for my M&P)

    Got a Ruger SR9 for 375, with 2 mag's, weapon looks like it has NEVER been fired, guy said he has only put about 50 rounds thru it, still had the original wrapping, box, paperwork exc.

    carried for the first time today, no issues, ate at Olive Garden on exit 129, and went to 7-11.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •