• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defense free zone stickers - first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Got the first round printed up. Bought a pack of 60 Avery Shipping labels from Wal-Mart for $3.88 (and yes, was OC'ing while purchasing).

Can't attach the template (file size limitation), so PM me if you want me to email you the file

Defense Free Zone.jpg

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
wouldn't let me. template is 319kb, and the boards limits are 159kb-ish. File was to big. PM your email addy, and I'll send it right over for ya

BROKENSPROKET

Not sure. Planning on being slick about it. I'm also putting together some fliers for the more 2A friendly establishments.

I learned to be quite slick back in my youth, but it is so hard to pick out those security cameras nowadays.

I know there has to be laws ordinances against it, otherwise business would be plastered with political campiagn stickers, stickers on social issues. I thinI am going to look for some repealable stickers. They would be less inclined to call the cops and search video footage if it came right off and they would still get the message.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE THE IDEA. But I just have trouble advaocting something that may be illegal without them knowing what the consequences may be. Civil Disobedience must be an informed and conscious decision.

Motofixxer

Well I walked into a public bathroom recently and there was printouts saying recall walker on the toilets and each urinal. I'm not advocating, suggesting or insinuating anything...just sayin.

BROKENSPROKET

Awe, you're no fun! You're absolutely correct, but still no fun! :lol:

I'll just get my 7 year old to put them up for me. She can't get into to much trouble. /sarcasm

What do you mean I am no fun? I have OC'd in my vehicle for a year now.:eek: Civil Disobidience, defying the un-Constiutional, is fun.:lol: But I have to know what I am risking. I have carried 1K on me and a lawyer on speed-dial incase I got arrested for 'illegal tranport' as I knew full well that was a possiblity.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I can imagine the possible satisfaction that some might feel, but is this the image that we as responsible adults wish to foster for ourselves?

The other side of this coin is that without a doubt some law is being broken every time you engage in such practice - check your local laws regarding posting bills on private property. Here at OCDO we have a rule that adequately covers this:

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Personally, I would not raise my son/daughter to think that this type of behavior is acceptable, but that is just me and my old fashion ways. Also would fully expect that if she were caught, you would be the one held responsible - possibly even for child neglect by causing her to participate in an illegal act - ever had to deal with the barracudas in Social Services.

Some may consider this trivial - I do not and accordingly am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.