Thread: Holster Selection For Upcoming Concealed & Open Carry Freedom

Thumbs up Holster Selection For Upcoming Concealed & Open Carry Freedom

Today I bought a new holster for my old Glock 36. I wanted a retention holster and I also wanted something comfortable to wear, reasonably priced and used for both open and concealed carry.

Here is what I bought: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...xtModelID=4584

I'm wearing it now and it is very comfortable. The belt loops fit my belt nicely with no "slop" so the holster and gun are held tightly. The retention lock has to be unlocked using the middle finger when drawing the weapon which after a few practice moves seems natural.

The price is very reasonable for a retention holster...I got mine for under $25.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Evader.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	7232  
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I have a Bianchi CarryLok holster for my Beretta 9000S. It works really well an appears to be really similar to your holster. Glad you found a good one. Hope you do more OCing than CCing.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Here is my next holster purchase. Viridian TacLoc. http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/products/tacloc/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G17_tacloc.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	7235
    For the new addition to my XD-45.

Name:	C5Lstore.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	7236

I might have the holster wrapped in leather by Big River Leather.

I got a really nice leather High Ride OWB holster for my PT145 from Big River Leather. I absolutely love it. I will get actual pictures of it in Madistan on Tuesday.
    http://www.bigriverleather.com/owboutsidewaistband.html

Name:	489_DSCF9829.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	7237

Campaign Veteran
    Loved my Viridian for my Taurus. Thinking about picking one up for my XDM, especially now that the TACLoc is available
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Cleavland's makes a good hybrid holster for a good price. For leather holsters, I buy from C5 leather. Top quality at a price that won't bust the bank.

http://www.c5leather.com/
    Last edited by oak1971; 10-29-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    C5 Leather
    I clicked on it and got sent to a ebay page
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    I clicked on it and got sent to a ebay page
    Hold on:

In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

There we go
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I have some IWB's too but don't plan on wearing them until after I get my WI-CWL.

For leather holsters, I buy from C5 leather. Top quality at a price that won't bust the bank.

You might pay a little more and wait a little longer for a Big River Leather Holster but they are REALLY NICE!! And they are made right here in Wisconsin. http://www.bigriverleather.com/home.html He has had to cut back on taking orders, but if you tell him that Greg sent you, he will work with you.

Talking I Like That Carrylok Holster!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I have a Bianchi CarryLok holster for my Beretta 9000S. It works really well an appears to be really similar to your holster. Glad you found a good one. Hope you do more OCing than CCing.
    It seems that many holster makers are making retention holsters instead of "slap em in whip em out" holsters. I like the idea of a leather retention holster. The Evader I'm wearing is very comfortable and doesn't tug on me at all. I decided to go with the Evader because it rides high and cants in toward my body. This makes a very comfortable draw position for me.

As for open carry that is exactly what I intend to do. I hope most of us continue to do so. If we don't open carry the gun rights movement will be "Out of sight, out of mind" and many will just forget about it. If more people see open carry and see it isn't a threat and is "normal" then we gain gun rights advocates.

I know the "crazies" will always hate inanimate objects that they don't trust themselves with and will project their inadequacies on people like us so...I continue to open carry where legally able!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Or you could always make your own I started out with these couple of IWB and have a couple of OWB in the works for the M&P and a 1911.

Elephant trim

Quote Originally Posted by skky View Post
    Your holster is cheap looking and a piece of junk. MY OPINION
    opinions are like Rectal area's we all have them, some stink more than others though...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Rcawdor57,

Skky is a known troll, disregard him and read the logical comments posted by others.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

this is the Galco Jack Ass should rig I have, mine is the snub nose revolver version. Although next year I am getting the identical version for my Glock 21

I also have 2 IWB belt clip holsters made by Uncle Mikes, one for the Rossi 38 spec - one for the Glock21..cheap yet very functional

Plus I have my Serpa retention Lvl 3 Paddle Holster...I am set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	*******.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	7242  
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-29-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Rcawdor57,

Skky is a known troll, disregard him and read the logical comments posted by others.
    i know..just disliked the post

Thumbs up Interesting...The Bianchi Evader For My Glock Fits The Kel-Tec PMR-30 Perfectly!

I received the latest Gun Tests magazine today and inside I found a comparison of the FN 5.7 pistol to the Kel-Tec PMR-30. Which has the higher rating? The Kel-Tec is rated A "Best Buy" and the FN 5.7 is rated a B. A very good read for anyone interested in getting a PMR-30 (good luck with the long wait). I waited almost a year for mine and I have the first series with the fluted barrel. No key-holing of the bullets (yet) so I do not intend to trade in the fluted barrel for a non-fluted barrel with 1:11 rifling.

I read in Gun Tests this morning that the PMR-30 fits most mid size Glock holsters so I tried it. The PMR-30 fits the Bianchi Evader holster perfectly. Next summer I may just carry it. 91 rounds in three magazines for those expected Zombie attacks!

—John F. Kennedy

Thumbs up Wow, Very Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Or you could always make your own I started out with these couple of IWB and have a couple of OWB in the works for the M&P and a 1911.

Elephant trim

How did you make these? Kits?

—John F. Kennedy

Thumbs down I Know. It's That W.A.V.E. Ghoul Again...Use To Be Logables/Lunchbox/StalkingHorse..

Rcawdor57,

Same O...Same O...

—John F. Kennedy

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    How did you make these? Kits?

No Sir, from scratch. Drew out the design, cut the pieces from a cowhide shoulder (Hermann Oak), everything was hand sewn, dyed it with a homemade solution called Vinegaroon, molded and boned it to my guns. Easier said then done, but you get the idea.

I started making them when ACT 35 passed because I couldn't afford to pay for nor do I have the patience to wait for custom holsters to be made for me.
    Last edited by markush; 10-29-2011 at 03:50 PM.