• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC experience today...(friday 10/28)

GlockRDH

My kids wanted to go out for Chinese for lunch today...so I took them to the buffet on 51/151 in Madison... I was sitting there, strong side out...
guy across the aisle, 'I see youre carrying a firearm are you an off duty officer'
me, 'no, sir, just regular guy who chooses to open carry'
guy, 'Good for you! youre not one of the guys from Culvers last year are you?'
me, '(laughing) Nope, that wasnt me...'
guy, 'nice to see someone carrying'
He then told me how he just took the CCW class at MATC in Reedsburg and couldnt wait to get his permit so he could CC. Was a good experience.

protias

Eating Chinese and enjoying freedom is quite nice...unless state patrol decides to harass you... :p

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Nice!

Isn't it nice to meet people who are interested in exercising their rights? Very nice experience!

Hey Protias! China Wok in Sussex had great food! See what your "experience" brought for all of us that attended the "demonstration"? If it weren't for that event I wouldn't have met McX and a few others I know well now. Heck, I wouldn't have met you either! :) (My hearing has degraded a bit due to sudden "train horn" syndrome) LOL.

protias

Very true rcawdor57. I can't say I'm completely sad that happened, but I can certainly say I did not enjoy getting harassed.