Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed citizen's theme song?

Armed citizen's theme song?

I vote for "Stayin' Alive".
    Other appropriate titles?

How about "I Will Survive."
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

The fact that the first two suggestions are disco songs are a glaring indication of the age group here lol

I'm not criticizing the time period as I am the disco :P

I'm putting my vote in for All Along the Watchtower. Preferably the Hendrix version.
    Last edited by SovereignAxe; 10-29-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr. gets my vote.

I've always been partial to Mike & The Mechanic's "Silent Running"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep7W89I_V_g

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr. gets my vote.

+60!!!!

i have an issue with using theme songs sung by mid 60's overweight women who have probably never carried a gun in their lives.....just sayin lol

but i think the Arron lewis version is better than hanks..........*waits to be shot for that comment* :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw

except for the "smoke a little weed" lyric........its right on!
    Last edited by carry for myself; 10-29-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

This song describes armed citizens perfectly... listen to the lyrics, really deep.

“The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    This song describes armed citizens perfectly... listen to the lyrics, really deep.

no.......this one actually reminds me of this..........im sorry that anyone has to listen to this but......yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiHCcz5HVLo

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    no.......this one actually reminds me of this..........im sorry that anyone has to listen to this but......yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiHCcz5HVLo

EDIT: I just have to retouch on this man, WHAT THE **** DID I JUST WITNESS!?!?!?
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-29-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: lolwut
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

first time i watched that....i will admit i actually cried inconsolably for almost 20 minutes. my girlfriend thought i was laughing....i was not.

first time i watched that....i will admit i actually cried inconsolably for almost 20 minutes. my girlfriend thought i was laughing....i was not.
    I lol'd at this quote...but not your song...lol

This made me laugh nonstop for a while, it seems to just piss some people off..

I cried like you for the first ten times I saw this...laughing.

EDIT: Tell me about your response to this embedded song.
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-29-2011 at 04:40 PM.

BUAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

.........i wish i had video taped myself watching that. hes worse than William hung! JESUS......what the..........shlitz....that was uncalled for haha

LOL omg wtf....

That one is actually a halfway decent song. He has some other gun songs on youtube. They are all pretty funny.

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I'm putting my vote in for All Along the Watchtower. Preferably the Hendrix version.
    I'll second that. Gotta love Hendrix.

Hank Williams Jr as a close runner up.
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Eminem once wrote a song about concealed carry and use of deadly force with a weapon...

Eminem "SOLDIER"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9V_1j8MNos

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Bruce Mathers III
    in confrontation ain't no conversation, if you feel you're in violation,
    any hesitation'll get you killed, if you feel it, kill it,
    if you conceal it, reveal it, being reasonable will leave you full of bullets,
    pull it, squeeze it, till it's empty, tempt me, push me, pussies,
    I need a good reason to give this trigger a good squeeze...
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-30-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post
    I'll second that. Gotta love Hendrix.

Hank Williams Jr as a close runner up.
    Well, Dylan did an amazing job writing the poetry of the song, but Hendrix added something to it that even Dylan appreciated. Hendix's guitar echoes the mood so well, and his addition of the last verse ties it up perfectly.

The way I see it, armed citizens are the Two Riders and the Princes are the authorities and people who think they know better than to let citizens be armed.

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Well, Dylan did an amazing job writing the poetry of the song, but Hendrix added something to it that even Dylan appreciated. Hendix's guitar echoes the mood so well, and his addition of the last verse ties it up perfectly.

The way I see it, armed citizens are the Two Riders and the Princes are the authorities and people who think they know better than to let citizens be armed.
    Very great imagery in the lyrics, so thumbs up to Dylan most certainly. Hendrix guitar riffs and voice are what makes that song awesome in my opinion.

I never really thought of it applying to OC, but I reckon it works. I like your interpretation of it.
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by frommycolddeadhands View Post
    Very great imagery in the lyrics, so thumbs up to Dylan most certainly. Hendrix guitar riffs and voice are what makes that song awesome in my opinion.

I never really thought of it applying to OC, but I reckon it works. I like your interpretation of it.
    Well, obviously that's not the intention. It was written after Dylan has a motorcycle accident and he realized the unreality of his touring life after being cooped up recuperating. So the Joker and the Thief, fed up with the Princes, Businessmen, etc feeling "that life is but a joke," are the Two Horsemen riding to them to show them that it's not.

Not to hijack what Bob Dylan wrote, but I feel as though antis feel that life is a joke and we're the horsemen approaching, riding to show them that there's a real world out there. At the end of the song, it says that "a wildcat did growl" and that "the wind began to howl," implying that there's going to be a disagreement on these points of view.

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I almost want to say something is wrong with you guys; I can't believe noone has mentioned Steve Lee yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

I like guns!
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    I almost want to say something is wrong with you guys; I can't believe noone has mentioned Steve Lee yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

I like guns!
    I don't want to make you feel like a dummy but go back and watch the link in post 8..........

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    "Shotgun" by Junior Walker and the All Stars
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMs9NudasVI
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I don't want to make you feel like a dummy but go back and watch the link in post 8..........
    Same artist......two different songs.

I'm partial to Williams and the Hendrix version for All along the Watchtower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast