• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed citizen's theme song?

SovereignAxe

The fact that the first two suggestions are disco songs are a glaring indication of the age group here lol

I'm not criticizing the time period as I am the disco :p

I'm putting my vote in for All Along the Watchtower. Preferably the Hendrix version.

Last edited:

carry for myself

Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr. gets my vote. :p

+60!!!!

i have an issue with using theme songs sung by mid 60's overweight women who have probably never carried a gun in their lives.....just sayin lol

but i think the Arron lewis version is better than hanks..........*waits to be shot for that comment* :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw

except for the "smoke a little weed" lyric........its right on!

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
This song describes armed citizens perfectly... listen to the lyrics, really deep.

[video=youtube;FJ3oHpup-pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk[/video]

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
no.......this one actually reminds me of this..........im sorry that anyone has to listen to this but......yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiHCcz5HVLo

128879166747069035.jpg

EDIT: I just have to retouch on this man, WHAT THE **** DID I JUST WITNESS!?!?!?

Last edited:

carry for myself

first time i watched that....i will admit i actually cried inconsolably for almost 20 minutes. my girlfriend thought i was laughing....i was not.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
first time i watched that....i will admit i actually cried inconsolably for almost 20 minutes. my girlfriend thought i was laughing....i was not.

I lol'd at this quote...but not your song...lol

This made me laugh nonstop for a while, it seems to just piss some people off..

[video=youtube;xN09THSNo_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN09THSNo_k[/video]

I cried like you for the first ten times I saw this...laughing.

EDIT: Tell me about your response to this embedded song.

Last edited:

carry for myself

BUAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

.........i wish i had video taped myself watching that. hes worse than William hung! JESUS......what the..........shlitz....that was uncalled for haha

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Eminem once wrote a song about concealed carry and use of deadly force with a weapon...

Eminem "SOLDIER"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9V_1j8MNos

Marshall Bruce Mathers III said:
in confrontation ain't no conversation, if you feel you're in violation,
any hesitation'll get you killed, if you feel it, kill it,
if you conceal it, reveal it, being reasonable will leave you full of bullets,
pull it, squeeze it, till it's empty, tempt me, push me, pussies,
I need a good reason to give this trigger a good squeeze...

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

I'll second that. Gotta love Hendrix.

Hank Williams Jr as a close runner up.

Well, Dylan did an amazing job writing the poetry of the song, but Hendrix added something to it that even Dylan appreciated. Hendix's guitar echoes the mood so well, and his addition of the last verse ties it up perfectly.

The way I see it, armed citizens are the Two Riders and the Princes are the authorities and people who think they know better than to let citizens be armed.

frommycolddeadhands

Well, Dylan did an amazing job writing the poetry of the song, but Hendrix added something to it that even Dylan appreciated. Hendix's guitar echoes the mood so well, and his addition of the last verse ties it up perfectly.

The way I see it, armed citizens are the Two Riders and the Princes are the authorities and people who think they know better than to let citizens be armed.

Very great imagery in the lyrics, so thumbs up to Dylan most certainly. Hendrix guitar riffs and voice are what makes that song awesome in my opinion.

I never really thought of it applying to OC, but I reckon it works. I like your interpretation of it.

SovereignAxe

Very great imagery in the lyrics, so thumbs up to Dylan most certainly. Hendrix guitar riffs and voice are what makes that song awesome in my opinion.

I never really thought of it applying to OC, but I reckon it works. I like your interpretation of it.

Well, obviously that's not the intention. It was written after Dylan has a motorcycle accident and he realized the unreality of his touring life after being cooped up recuperating. So the Joker and the Thief, fed up with the Princes, Businessmen, etc feeling "that life is but a joke," are the Two Horsemen riding to them to show them that it's not.

Not to hijack what Bob Dylan wrote, but I feel as though antis feel that life is a joke and we're the horsemen approaching, riding to show them that there's a real world out there. At the end of the song, it says that "a wildcat did growl" and that "the wind began to howl," implying that there's going to be a disagreement on these points of view.