Thread: Woman shoots home intruder to death

Woman shoots home intruder to death

According to Redding police, Donna Hopper, 66, called police after noting a person in her yard on Branstetter Lane. She armed herself with a gun and shot the intruder while talking to dispatchers, police reported.

While Hopper was on the phone, the suspect broke a window to Hopper's bedroom and she fired multiple shots, hitting the intruder at least once.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2011/10/redding-woman-on-phone-with-911-kills-intruder.html

Video interview

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    guess he picked the wrong house. oh well. sucks to be him, congrats to her for valuing her life more than his :-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

She shot twice at him (apparently missed) and he came back, so she shot at his white shirt (saying she was afraid to look at his face). Anyway, that's one determined burglar.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

This story is a beautiful example of Darwinism in action...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

What is more sickening- The fact that this man was determined to violate this woman's home and possibly her, or the fact that we have legislators like our current president who support measures to disarm people like this lady?

I'm speaking in reference to Obama supporting a complete handgun ban.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    What is more sickening- The fact that this man was determined to violate this woman's home and possibly her, or the fact that we have legislators like our current president who support measures to disarm people like this lady?

I'm speaking in reference to Obama supporting a complete handgun ban.
    Just a rumor. Heard the same thing about Bloomberg and Soros.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

+1
    Capricorn

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    She shot twice at him (apparently missed) and he came back, so she shot at his white shirt (saying she was afraid to look at his face). Anyway, that's one determined burglar.
    Aye...and dumb as a sack of rocks, too.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Aye...and dumb as a sack of rocks, too.
    Drug induced mania or something like that.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life