• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goldsboro IGA off limits

JC_Biggs

Went on my monthly meat trip to the IGA (feed my dogs meat) get to the door and there is a giant sticker on the window ... you know which one im talking about. So i ask the manager when they put up the signs..a month ago... why...because customers feel uncomfortable when someone has a gun in the store....really so what happens when someone has a gun that doesnt care about that sticker??

so i politely told him that my freinds and I would not be spending our money at an IGA until the stickers come down. the manager was a cool guy, and actually said he didnt like it because now he couldnt carry either. Would anyone here like to write a petition to IGA..i would but im not really to friendly when it comes to my rights being infringed. I know i can shop somewhere else, and i will, but still..

lannie

Iga

Went on my monthly meat trip to the IGA (feed my dogs meat) get to the door and there is a giant sticker on the window ... you know which one im talking about. So i ask the manager when they put up the signs..a month ago... why...because customers feel uncomfortable when someone has a gun in the store....really so what happens when someone has a gun that doesnt care about that sticker??

so i politely told him that my freinds and I would not be spending our money at an IGA until the stickers come down. the manager was a cool guy, and actually said he didnt like it because now he couldnt carry either. Would anyone here like to write a petition to IGA..i would but im not really to friendly when it comes to my rights being infringed. I know i can shop somewhere else, and i will, but still..

IGA is just a grocery distributor,most stores are independent owners.
The owners of these stores make policies about their operations.
I have visited many stores in Johnston County and most are gun friendly; except the store in Clayton.

Lannie

Roadblock

IGA- JC_Biggs

I'm new to the forum and live in Goldsboro. Where are some of the other places you carry where you didn't have a problem?

ncwabbit

all three wally-worlds in the area do not bat an eye when you OC, nor have i had a problem in the food lions in town, what surprised me was the mcdonald on 111 & mt olive run by the 'dixon' group has very small signs on the door...tried to contact someone in the dixon group but couldn't get to anybody to talk to...

wabbit