• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"A long wait yields expansive gun freedoms for Wisconsin"

MKEgal

"we went right from prohibition to no precautions whatsoever," said Jeri
First off, we didn't have prohibition. People were & are & will be carrying openly.
The priviledge permit gives more places we can carry legally.
Second, how does she equate a tax, a background check, & mandated training to be "no precautions"?
(I know, I know... I'm expecting her to make sense, which doesn't make sense.)

Only a small group of individuals - including convicted felons - might be denied a license.
"Might"? They will be denied if they apply & if they're honest on their application.
Won't stop them from carrying, of course.
They might just be police officers. Didja know that a felony conviction does not bar a LEO from carrying? Neither does a DV conviciton. The dep't just has to say he's required to carry, on duty & off, & he can carry despite being a prohibited person. Doesn't that just suck? I think either should be grounds for either losing the job or being moved to a non-gun-carrying non-gun-access job, like maybe jail guard.

Doug Pettit, chief of police in the village of Oregon and chairman of the legislative committee for the Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association:
"It just concerns me that some individuals may decide to get a concealed carry license even though they're not familiar with the weapon and are not trained properly"
Because that has been such a huge problem in all the other states that don't require training, right?
Oh, wait, you say it hasn't?
Well then maybe it's been a problem in states that do require training, let's say only hunter's safety?
Still no?

administrative rule to require at least four hours of training, including some hands-on
BZZZT. Wrong answer. Thanks for playing.

Some businesses also are reacting uncomfortably to the change. "They would prefer to have zero tolerance - no weapons on the premises"
That's nice. They can install metal detectors if they'd like to achieve their goal. Signs won't do it.

State Sen. Glenn Grothman, R-West Bend:
"You watch too much TV if you think the average citizen is just ready to go off at the drop of a hat"
:applause: What a sensible person.

McNutty

Some businesses also are reacting uncomfortably to the change. "They would prefer to have zero tolerance -- no weapons on the premises, period," said Keith Kopplin, a lawyer with the Milwaukee law firm of Krukowski & Costello, which advises employers.

That's nice. They can install metal detectors if they'd like to achieve their goal. Signs won't do it.

Yeah. Unfortunately for us, many criminals aren't as stupid and naive as these pie in the sky, unicorn riding, utopian let's just love everybody business owners. Criminals want to survive too and as such seem to have this ability to target the weak and defenseless - for those criminals who are more on the stupid side, let's help them out by advertising that we are defenseless.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The article doesn't mention the over $2,000,000 the Joyce Foundation has provided WAVE to fight firearm rights expansion or the hours the police chiefs association has lobbied directly against concealed carry or working with others such as WAVE to defeat it.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Red Hot Gal Comment Is Right On The Money!

I just read the only comment posted and it is a good one! Hope everyone has read it....seems like MKEGal wrote it?? :)

skky

Yeah. Unfortunately for us, many criminals aren't as stupid and naive as these pie in the sky, unicorn riding, utopian let's just love everybody business owners. Criminals want to survive too and as such seem to have this ability to target the weak and defenseless - for those criminals who are more on the stupid side, let's help them out by advertising that we are defenseless.

So calling business owners offensive names and generally giving them a hard time does what? You are wrecking it for the rational, responsible gun owners who respect a business owners right by law to post a no carry sign.

Packfanatic

missed something?

So calling business owners offensive names and generally giving them a hard time does what? You are wrecking it for the rational, responsible gun owners who respect a business owners right by law to post a no carry sign.

So calling business owners offensive names and generally giving them a hard time does what? << the ability to sift through all the BS of WAVE and any other anti freedoms they want to spout. There is and will be more confusion as to the new laws and what the potential ramifications ( read: legal) could be by not allowing firearms.<<(no liability)

I am pretty sure that most (99.9999999%) of the people that will apply for a CCW ""permission slip"" or continue to OC are very responsible. I live in a small village and our "police chief" is not happy we have a RIGHT to OC or CC ( with permit of Course) so they have enacted a new ordinance "prohibiting the CCW in village owned buildings" well guess what..... The taxpayer OWNS the buildings not the village. but any way skyy.. carry on and i will ignore the subliminal message i feel you are spouting. When the time comes for me to PAY for my RIGHT to self preservation ( concealed carry) I will still be honorable and not carry in posted places, but then again maybe i will not honor them and spend my money there. Especially since that is an open invite to those who choose to be predators.