• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MEDIA ADVISORY Concealed Carry MKE Informational Meeting 31 Oct

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://city.milwaukee.gov/ImageLibrary/Groups/ccCouncil/2011-PDF/06-ConcealedCarryInfoMeetingad.pdf

Ald. Milele A. Coggs said:
October 28, 2011 Ald. Milele A. Coggs
(414) 286-2994
MEDIA ADVISORY
Concealed Carry Informational Meeting
The new concealed carry law goes into effect on Tuesday, November 1, and a public information meeting about the new law will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, October 31 at the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) facility at 2300 N. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr.
Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm will be at the meeting to provide information and to help answer questions, Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs said.
“People have questions about the new law from various perspectives, and I believe it is important to share information and to correct misinformation whenever possible,” she said.
The hour-long session is sponsored by Alderwoman Coggs, State Senator Spencer Coggs, State Representative Elizabeth Coggs, and State Representative Leon Young.
What: Concealed Carry Info Meeting
When: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday, October 31
Where: DNR Building, 2300 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.

MKEgal

Hey, my senator does exist!
Might just have to go to this to ask why he hasn't answered any of my mail or email, as well as to ask some leading questions to bring out information that maybe might not otherwise be imparted. (Things like liability & punishment for cops behaving badly...)

Interesting that it's in a bad neighborhood, in a taxpayer-owned building that come Tues. any OOS resident w/ a permit will be allowed to carry in... & after WI DOJ gets off its donkey & issues WI permits so can I. May just cc the orange guns to make a point.

Anyone else wanna go? I have a safe in the trunk so our pistols probably won't get stolen.

HandyHamlet

An hour long?

That is a joke. Don't see how the DOJ stooge will have much time to address questions. And does "sponsored by" mean they will actually show up?

BROKENSPROKET

To clear up misinformation, my ass. They are all liberal anit-gun Democrats. This should be recorded and put on YouTube.

ETA: I thought certain words automatically got changed into ******. Am I to assume ass is OK now. It might be, I heard Vicki Mckenna say Jack-ass twice the other day when talking about Sen. Ellis.

Last edited:

MKEgal

oak1971 said:
Why do they all have the same last name? Something stinks.
Inbreeding? Nepotism?
The stench is just Milwaukee politics.

BROKENSPROKET said:
To clear up misinformation, my ass.
They are all liberal anti-gun Democrats.
This should be recorded and put on YouTube.
That might be arranged. Hopefully I can get a seat near front & center.
Got a sneaky pen cam, got a new camera that does video... need a memory card for it though.

E6chevron

I plan to be there, this evening. I'm looking forward to getting educated about this new CCW law. I'll try to take notes, to bring back information to the folks here.