• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

west bend library considers posting - may affect other libraries

bmwguy11

The west bend library board is having a meeting on November 15th, 6:30pm, in which the issue of whether or not to post will be discussed. I have gotten hold of one of the board members who is a neighbor of mine and also a 2A supporter. Currently it appears the library board is split 4-4 on whether or not to post. He also indicated that there are several other local area libraries that are waiting to see what west bend does before making their decision, so this is important. It sounds like the public can attend and will have 2 minutes each to speak! Based upon the previous discussions the board has had on this topic, facts and statistics aren't going to matter much, so we're going to try to make an emotional appeal.

Also if people wanted to go to show 2A support that could help as well. My neighbor indicated that 2 on the "post" side were sort of unsure and might be able to be swayed. 2 on the "don't post" were also unsure but lean towards not posting. I do know one thing. If it ends up at a tie, it sounds like the president gets to decide and from what he's said I can pretty much guarantee he'll post.

Last edited:

Cobra469

I saw West Allis Library is already posted. Same sign that is posted at the Police Department. It cites state code and City of West Allis code.

protias

Village of Sussex posted as well. Doesn't surprise me as they are a bunch of liberals.

Max

They are libraries after all. Perhaps they would allow handguns equipped with suppressors in? Just wondering.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Libraries are usually governed by a board of trustees. They are the people who will make the decision. Libraries are temples for the First Amendment. Are they as welcoming for those exercising their 2nd Amendment right? Before they make a decision, I would suggest they read "The Founders' Second Amendment: Origins of the Right to Bear Arms" by Stephen Halbrook.

The 1st Amendment, defining America and defended by the 2nd.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Correct, the library board is having a public meeting and will allow public testimony on the matter.