• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing in the Reston Area

Axledrift

Hey Guys,
I'm new here, I've been reading these forums for about 4 months or so. Thought I'd finally contribute something.

I was over at Fairfax Corner today and I had my first LEO encounter.
It happened in the REI, I was making a couple returns so I was standing in line waiting to talk to a cashier, out of the corner of my eye I see a Fairfax Officer browsing through some keychains and flashlights, naturally I got a little nervous not really knowing what might happen. Well, he ended up getting in line behind me to pay for his flashlight or w/e. Stood there for about forty seconds before he noticed my belt. Then he kinda eased up behind me and just made some small talk, "was it a glock" "what caliber".
Nothing really happened, I was very impressed by the professionalism of the officer.
Anyway, all in all a very positive experience.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!! Sounds like you had a good day with no government interference. You should check out the Open Carry in NOVA thread. That is where we usually post stories like this.

Check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League. It is a great group dedicated to gun rights in VA. If you go to their website you can sign up for VA-ALERT (on the right side of the page) which is a free email system that will keep you informed about everything gun-related going on in the state. The website is http://www.vcdl.org

We have a lot of OC meet-ups, so keep your eye out for those being posted to the forum.

Last edited:

CHILINVLN

Fairfax Corner and REI falls under the Fair Oaks district station of FCPD, not the Reston District station. Just throwing that out in case you decide to notify the station commander of the positive encounter.