• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

more reason we should open carry

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's an oldie but a goodie. Yea, this is about as biased as it gets. None of these folks had any training. They're all wearing the same oversized shirt. They have cheap nylon holsters. This was in response to a couple school shooting so what can you really expect besides a hit piece. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oramac

well perhaps we should do our own "simulation"

im gonna tell you. thats not where i would be sitting. the gun would of been on the way out as soon as a saw him at the door, and the gloves never would of been on my hand.

Agreed. I'm at work so I can't see youtube, but I'm sure I know which video this is. I would be all for making our own simulations too.

And you're right, I wouldn't be wearing gloves, no Level III holster, and would likely be sitting near or at the back with a good view of the door.

Redbaron007

The other issue with this media bias anti-gun montra, is most shooters who stormed the class, don't know who is carrying. In this slanted report, every shooter who entered the room went for the guy carrying the gun, in other words, they knew who to strike first. Notice they didn't place a 'well trained LEO' in the same circumstance. My guess, they wouldn't do much better.

I do agree, training/repitition in drawing/shooting your firearm, is extremely helpful.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
The other issue with this media bias anti-gun montra, is most shooters who stormed the class, don't know who is carrying. In this slanted report, every shooter who entered the room went for the guy carrying the gun, in other words, they knew who to strike first. Notice they didn't place a 'well trained LEO' in the same circumstance. My guess, they wouldn't do much better.

I do agree, training/repitition in drawing/shooting your firearm, is extremely helpful.

I lol'd at this video. They sat the CCW guy in the same seat in every scenario. Smack dab front row every time they ran the scenario.

PistolPackingMomma

I paused to :cuss: when they basically said a cell phone was a more useful weapon. Just don't fight back, whatever you do, because the odds of being successful are so slim. :rolleyes:

Daylen

I paused to :cuss: when they basically said a cell phone was a more useful weapon. Just don't fight back, whatever you do, because the odds of being successful are so slim. :rolleyes:

oh and don't forget to play dead and hide under other bodies. They want people to do the same at home, when someone breaks in, dial 911 and assume the fetal position.

PistolPackingMomma

lol, oh, and let's not forget the classic, "If anything the gun made me the first to get shot" line. Of course NONE of this could happen because schools are GFSZ, right?

Daylen

lol, oh, and let's not forget the classic, "If anything the gun made me the first to get shot" line. Of course NONE of this could happen because schools are GFSZ, right?

That's why police have such a deadly job,(not because they are on roads alot and get hit by cars) when they show up where a criminal is using a gun they all get shot because they have a gun!

okboomer

Oh, I thought it was a good video ... a good example of why investing in additional training is sooooo worth it! :lol:

One of the topics stressed in my advanced training was how to dress with a gun ... even though we are a CC only state, I can still pull, target and shoot in under 2 seconds ... this was a timed draw and shoot command in street clothes. It showed folks the problems with what they were wearing and also demonstrated the problems with certain holsters they were using or the need to cant the holster to facilitate the draw, and we had to maintain concealment ... no hiking the shirt tail over the gun.

I do agree that if you don't practice regularly you will loose the skill. But, along with that is the need to identify and react to a situation with the correct response. This is another advantage to advanced training ... a good course will have a video segment or other identify/shoot/noshoot segment. In one section, we used airsoft pistols against cardboard cutouts that had a map pin stuck through from the back and 2 different colored ballons suspended over the COM or in the Tzone ... pink were friendlies, purple were BGs and the room was darkened, the course was to clear the room and shoot all the BGs including the 2 hidden ones. Cheap, easy to set up and reset. On one target, the pistol misfired 3 times but I kept pulling the trigger until the balloon burst. The instructor laughed at me at the end saying he wasn't sure I was going to get that one, but I did right by continuing to fire until the BG was stopped. Ah, well ... Tap, rack, bang.

Aknazer

I like how the attacker instantly trained the person with the gun after shooting the instructor. I mean he was already gunning for the person with the concealed weapon before they had it out! In a real situation you wouldn't know who had the gun and couldn't just neutralize them like that as even if they were OCing the desk would hide the gun from the attacker.

HKcarrier

Yeah, I would like to see them try that situation with the CPL guy in a random position and the cop not gunning for them FIRST. Also, the way everyone else absolutely FLEW out of the room and the CPL guy was left alone...

I agree with others that said they wouldn't have gotten stuck in that spot...

Billy D

I woulda hit the floor and get out of sight until I had the weapon in hand and safety off...then come up shooting.