• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid statutes abound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motofixxer

I know there are lots of info about stupid statutes on the books, but I just ran across one that made me say WTH...here it is:

941.34  Fluoroscopic shoe-fitting machines. Whoever uses, or possesses or controls with intent to so use, any fluoroscopic or X-ray machine for the purpose of shoe-fitting or attempting to fit shoes, or who knowingly permits such machine, whether in use or not, to remain on his or her premises, is subject to a Class B forfeiture. Each day of such use, possession or control shall constitute a separate violation of this section.
History: 1977 c. 173.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I know there are lots of info about stupid statutes on the books, but I just ran across one that made me say WTH...here it is:

941.34  Fluoroscopic shoe-fitting machines. Whoever uses, or possesses or controls with intent to so use, any fluoroscopic or X-ray machine for the purpose of shoe-fitting or attempting to fit shoes, or who knowingly permits such machine, whether in use or not, to remain on his or her premises, is subject to a Class B forfeiture. Each day of such use, possession or control shall constitute a separate violation of this section.
History: 1977 c. 173.

apparently people who worked at the shoe stores were getting jacked up from being exposed to the xray 10-20 times a day. old laws like this need to be cleaned up and removed.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yea, this gem is still on the Virginia books.

§ 18.2-344. Fornication.

Any person, not being married, who voluntarily shall have sexual intercourse with any other person, shall be guilty of fornication, punishable as a Class 4 misdemeanor.

sharkey

You can sexually abuse your spouse in AZ.

13-1404. Sexual abuse; classification

A. A person commits sexual abuse by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual contact with any person who is fifteen or more years of age without consent of that person or with any person who is under fifteen years of age if the sexual contact involves only the female breast.

B. Sexual abuse is a class 5 felony unless the victim is under fifteen years of age in which case sexual abuse is a class 3 felony punishable pursuant to section 13-705.

13-1407. Defenses

A. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to sections 13-1404 and 13-1405 involving a minor if the act was done in furtherance of lawful medical practice.

B. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to sections 13-1404 and 13-1405 in which the victim's lack of consent is based on incapacity to consent because the victim was fifteen, sixteen or seventeen years of age if at the time the defendant engaged in the conduct constituting the offense the defendant did not know and could not reasonably have known the age of the victim.

C. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to section 13-1402, 13-1404, 13-1405 or 13-1406 if the act was done by a duly licensed physician or registered nurse or a person acting under the physician's or nurse's direction, or any other person who renders emergency care at the scene of an emergency occurrence, the act consisted of administering a recognized and lawful form of treatment that was reasonably adapted to promoting the physical or mental health of the patient and the treatment was administered in an emergency when the duly licensed physician or registered nurse or a person acting under the physician's or nurse's direction, or any other person rendering emergency care at the scene of an emergency occurrence, reasonably believed that no one competent to consent could be consulted and that a reasonable person, wishing to safeguard the welfare of the patient, would consent.

D. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to section 13-1404 or 13-1405 that the person was the spouse of the other person at the time of commission of the act. It is not a defense to a prosecution pursuant to section 13-1406 that the defendant was the spouse of the victim at the time of commission of the act.

E. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to section 13-1404 or 13-1410 that the defendant was not motivated by a sexual interest. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to section 13-1404 involving a victim under fifteen years of age that the defendant was not motivated by a sexual interest.

F. It is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to sections 13-1405 and 13-3560 if the victim is fifteen, sixteen or seventeen years of age, the defendant is under nineteen years of age or attending high school and is no more than twenty-four months older than the victim and the conduct is consensual.

Which may be because adultery is illegal.

13-1408. Adultery; classification; punishment; limitation on prosecution

A. A married person who has sexual intercourse with another than his or her spouse, and an unmarried person who has sexual intercourse with a married person not his or her spouse, commits adultery and is guilty of a class 3 misdemeanor. When the act is committed between parties only one of whom is married, both shall be punished.

B. No prosecution for adultery shall be commenced except upon complaint of the husband or wife.

4sooth

In Lake Charles, Louisiana it is illegal to allow a puddle to remain on your lawn for more than twelve hours. Mosquito control.

Merlin

In Lake Charles, Louisiana it is illegal to allow a puddle to remain on your lawn for more than twelve hours. Mosquito control.

I've seen your skeeters down there. They aren't insects, they are bloodthirsty low flying aircraft!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.