Thread: Picture required to submit for application?

Campaign Veteran

Picture required to submit for application?

Was reading through the PDF at the DOJ website, and noticed that on Page 23 it talks about requiring a photo that fits the requirements of the application form.

(a) 1. Review the application for completeness. An application is complete when the department has received the following:
    a. A signed and fully completed application form, DJ-LE-286.
    b. Acceptable proof of firearms qualification, as provided in s. Jus 18.05.
    c. The application fee required under s. Jus 18.10.
    d. A current photograph meeting the content and format requirements set forth in the instructions of the application form, DJ-LE-286.
    e. A written statement from the federal law enforcement agency from which the applicant separated from service affirming that the applicant meets the requirements of s. 175.49(3)(b)1., 2., and 3., Stats. The department shall prepare and make available on its Internet site a statement form that may be used for this purpose.
    Anyone know what those requirements will be? Would be nice to have that taken care of tomorrow so I can submit on Tuesday
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    Was reading through the PDF at the DOJ website, and noticed that on Page 23 it talks about requiring a photo that fits the requirements of the application form.

Anyone know what those requirements will be? Would be nice to have that taken care of tomorrow so I can submit on Tuesday
    Which pdf are you talking about? There are a half dozen that I know of.

You are probably in an area that has to do with Law Enforcement Officer licenses.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

Applications
    Applications will be available on this web page beginning November 1, 2011. After you complete the application you can mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
    Attn: License Unit
    PO Box 7130
    Madison, WI, 53707-7130

If you do not have online access, you can mail a request to the above address and an application will be mailed to you.

Your application must:

Be completely filled out
    Be signed in all areas indicated, to include the statement that the information provided in the application and any document submitted with the application is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
    Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.
    Include a copy of your proof of training.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Campaign Veteran
    Thought I linked to it. I was on the PDF from the DOJ website. You might be right about being in a law enforcement section

Sent with Tapatalk

The DOJ concealed carry page, tells you what you need to know to get the application prepared for a normal Wisconsin CCW license.

You were in the area of the DOJ emergency administrative rules for Former Law Enforcement Officers to get a certificate.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Campaign Veteran
    *whew*

Thanks. I was looking at it on my phone last night while at work, and that was the first set of requirements that I came across. Thanks for helping me clear that up. Wasn't looking forward to having my picture taken after a 14 hour shift.

no photo

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    Thought I linked to it. I was on the PDF from the DOJ website. You might be right about being in a law enforcement section

Sent with Tapatalk
    Only LEO will need a picture... we do not need to obtain passport photos....
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

Applications
    Applications will be available on this web page beginning November 1, 2011. After you complete the application you can mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
    Attn: License Unit
    PO Box 7130
    Madison, WI, 53707-7130

If you do not have online access, you can mail a request to the above address and an application will be mailed to you.

Your application must:

Be completely filled out
    Be signed in all areas indicated, to include the statement that the information provided in the application and any document submitted with the application is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
    Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.
    Include a copy of your proof of training.
    the FAQ used to say check or money order but now it only says check what the hell are they doing now
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

We're talking about a government agency...

..., and they may wont the payment on a check to match addresses. ?????. boar out.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    the FAQ used to say check or money order but now it only says check what the hell are they doing now
    That may have been an unintentional omission. I can see them NOT accepting personal checks before the would not accept a money orders.

I am doing whatever Cindy says. She said she would personally accept our apps with a check or money order. The only thing is she does not have a way to provide a receipt.

I trust her word over anything "official" from the DOJ or their Mucky Mucks higher up. Anyone who has dealt with any sort of an office knows the under paid girls in front are the only ones who really know what the hell is going on.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I don't think you need to worry about the form of payment. The government has never had a problem taking my money

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    That may have been an unintentional omission. I can see them NOT accepting personal checks before the would not accept a money orders.
    The state takes personal checks for all kinds of payments

This well be no differant then your vehicle registrations ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    Only LEO will need a picture... we do not need to obtain passport photos....

And that is only for former Federal LEO's doesn't apply to local or state LEOs.