• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picture required to submit for application?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Was reading through the PDF at the DOJ website, and noticed that on Page 23 it talks about requiring a photo that fits the requirements of the application form.

(a) 1. Review the application for completeness. An application is complete when the department has received the following:
a. A signed and fully completed application form, DJ-LE-286.
b. Acceptable proof of firearms qualification, as provided in s. Jus 18.05.
c. The application fee required under s. Jus 18.10.
d. A current photograph meeting the content and format requirements set forth in the instructions of the application form, DJ-LE-286.
e. A written statement from the federal law enforcement agency from which the applicant separated from service affirming that the applicant meets the requirements of s. 175.49(3)(b)1., 2., and 3., Stats. The department shall prepare and make available on its Internet site a statement form that may be used for this purpose.

Anyone know what those requirements will be? Would be nice to have that taken care of tomorrow so I can submit on Tuesday

E6chevron

Was reading through the PDF at the DOJ website, and noticed that on Page 23 it talks about requiring a photo that fits the requirements of the application form.

Anyone know what those requirements will be? Would be nice to have that taken care of tomorrow so I can submit on Tuesday

Which pdf are you talking about? There are a half dozen that I know of.

You are probably in an area that has to do with Law Enforcement Officer licenses.

HandyHamlet

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

Applications
Applications will be available on this web page beginning November 1, 2011. After you complete the application you can mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
Attn: License Unit
PO Box 7130
Madison, WI, 53707-7130

If you do not have online access, you can mail a request to the above address and an application will be mailed to you.

Your application must:

Be completely filled out
Be signed in all areas indicated, to include the statement that the information provided in the application and any document submitted with the application is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.
Include a copy of your proof of training.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Thought I linked to it. I was on the PDF from the DOJ website. You might be right about being in a law enforcement section

Sent with Tapatalk

E6chevron

The DOJ concealed carry page, tells you what you need to know to get the application prepared for a normal Wisconsin CCW license.

You were in the area of the DOJ emergency administrative rules for Former Law Enforcement Officers to get a certificate.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
*whew*

Thanks. I was looking at it on my phone last night while at work, and that was the first set of requirements that I came across. Thanks for helping me clear that up. Wasn't looking forward to having my picture taken after a 14 hour shift. :D

oliverclotheshoff

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

Applications
Applications will be available on this web page beginning November 1, 2011. After you complete the application you can mail it to:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
Attn: License Unit
PO Box 7130
Madison, WI, 53707-7130

If you do not have online access, you can mail a request to the above address and an application will be mailed to you.

Your application must:

Be completely filled out
Be signed in all areas indicated, to include the statement that the information provided in the application and any document submitted with the application is true and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge.
Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.
Include a copy of your proof of training.

the FAQ used to say check or money order but now it only says check what the hell are they doing now

wild boar

We're talking about a government agency...

..., and they may wont the payment on a check to match addresses. ?????. boar out.:uhoh:

HandyHamlet

I am doing whatever Cindy says. She said she would personally accept our apps with a check or money order. The only thing is she does not have a way to provide a receipt.

I trust her word over anything "official" from the DOJ or their Mucky Mucks higher up. Anyone who has dealt with any sort of an office knows the under paid girls in front are the only ones who really know what the hell is going on.

Jason in WI

I don't think you need to worry about the form of payment. The government has never had a problem taking my money :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk