Thread: AB 246 goes to assembly tomorrow!

AB 246 goes to assembly tomorrow!

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession...ocs/AB-246.pdf

Under current law, an individual is guilty of a Class I felony if he or she, through
    action or threat, resists arrest while armed with or threatening to use a weapon and
    while retreating or remaining in a building or place. Under this bill, an individual
    is guilty of a Class I felony if he or she, through action or threat, resists arrest while
    armed with or threatening to use a weapon.

This is bad!
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 10-31-2011 at 10:45 AM.

That is your opinion. It only removes the element "retreats or remains in a building or place". Right now a gangbanger that resits arrest struggling with one or more officers while armed or get a sidearm away from one to the officers can only be charged with the same statute that a girlfriend of a bad guy can for saying he is not home, when in fact he is.

I have great confidence that if an officer ever does abuse this statute on a WCI member, that officer and his department will pay dearly and WCI may double it's membership agian.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    That is your opinion. It only removes the element "retreats or remains in a building or place". Right now a gangbanger that resits arrest struggling with one or more officers while armed or get a sidearm away from one to the officers can only be charged with the same statute that a girlfriend of a bad guy can for saying he is not home, when in fact he is.

I have great confidence that if an officer ever does abuse this statute on a WCI member, that officer and his department will pay dearly and WCI may double it's membership agian.
    I called my rep about it just to get some clarification and to make sure they looked at it in light of ACT 35. They are emailing me their reasoning later today.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla