• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB 246 goes to assembly tomorrow!

bmwguy11

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/insessiondocs/docs/AB-246.pdf

Under current law, an individual is guilty of a Class I felony if he or she, through
action or threat, resists arrest while armed with or threatening to use a weapon and
while retreating or remaining in a building or place. Under this bill, an individual
is guilty of a Class I felony if he or she, through action or threat, resists arrest while
armed with or threatening to use a weapon.

This is bad!

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

That is your opinion. It only removes the element "retreats or remains in a building or place". Right now a gangbanger that resits arrest struggling with one or more officers while armed or get a sidearm away from one to the officers can only be charged with the same statute that a girlfriend of a bad guy can for saying he is not home, when in fact he is.

I have great confidence that if an officer ever does abuse this statute on a WCI member, that officer and his department will pay dearly and WCI may double it's membership agian.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
That is your opinion. It only removes the element "retreats or remains in a building or place". Right now a gangbanger that resits arrest struggling with one or more officers while armed or get a sidearm away from one to the officers can only be charged with the same statute that a girlfriend of a bad guy can for saying he is not home, when in fact he is.

I have great confidence that if an officer ever does abuse this statute on a WCI member, that officer and his department will pay dearly and WCI may double it's membership agian.

I called my rep about it just to get some clarification and to make sure they looked at it in light of ACT 35. They are emailing me their reasoning later today.