Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: First look at Surry Side

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    First look at Surry Side

    I was laughing with Grapeshot and River Rat the other day about my teasers.
    I NEVER put the real clips online. Lots of reasons but I just don't do it....until today. Here's a short clip during the opening.

    This is a part of Surry Side that goes to the DVD duplicating company after I have the final meeting with the participants and move on their recommendations.

    I won't leave this up long, so look at it soon if you want to see it.


  2. #2
    Regular Member Cmdr_Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was laughing with Grapeshot and River Rat the other day about my teasers.
    I NEVER put the real clips online. Lots of reasons but I just don't do it....until today. Here's a short clip during the opening.

    This is a part of Surry Side that goes to the DVD duplicating company after I have the final meeting with the participants and move on their recommendations.

    I won't leave this up long, so look at it soon if you want to see it.

    [snipped video]

    Nice video, Peter! I must say, this is the first thing I've seen on my computer which rattled the contents of my desk drawers! Numerous years of playing video games and watching movies, but none of that had quite the bass drop that this video has! It was a nice underscore to the message of the video.
    Last edited by Cmdr_Haggis; 10-31-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: snipped video in the reply
    As Steve Lee says, "I like guns," and have no plans to get rid of them. My kids will be taught, as I was, about gun safety.

    Life is good.

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr_Haggis View Post
    Nice video, Peter! I must say, this is the first thing I've seen on my computer which rattled the contents of my desk drawers! Numerous years of playing video games and watching movies, but none of that had quite the bass drop that this video has! It was a nice underscore to the message of the video.
    You need to thank my composer for it Cmdr. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201
    Thanks Peter Nap!

  5. #5
    Regular Member Cmdr_Haggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    ... I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
    Oh, I hear you there. I can't sing either and only do that in the shower. The water pressure drops in protest...
    As Steve Lee says, "I like guns," and have no plans to get rid of them. My kids will be taught, as I was, about gun safety.

    Life is good.

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr_Haggis View Post
    Oh, I hear you there. I can't sing either and only do that in the shower. The water pressure drops in protest...
    BTW, the voice at the very end is our own USER who became the director just before he gave his prepared statement. Like most things Dan does, it's very moving, accurate and blunt.

  7. #7
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    What I really want to know is, what is "the clacky thing" ????
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  8. #8
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    Looks good Peter. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    What I really want to know is, what is "the clacky thing" ????

    It's called a clapper!

    You clack them to create a spike on the audio line so you can sync the audio to the video.
    I use software to do that so all I have to do is make an unusual noise. Diabetics can't eat beans, so I just said "ON".

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Looks awesome Peter!!!! I can't wait to see the whole thing.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  11. #11
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

    It's called a clapper!

    You clack them to create a spike on the audio line so you can sync the audio to the video.
    I use software to do that so all I have to do is make an unusual noise. Diabetics can't eat beans, so I just said "ON".
    In all these years of seeing countless thousands of "Take 482" in TV shows and movies with scenes about making TV shows and movies... this is the first time I've ever heard why they have to make the clacky sound. Easy to understand why they need the data written on the board, scene #, date, time, etc, but never knew about the sound sync! Makes perfect sense! The things you learn on OCDO!

    TFred

  12. #12
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Moderately OT: Spoilation of evidence

    New term for me today, "spoilation of evidence." Looks like it's not just a Surry County thing:

    http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...al-who-is.html

    TFred

  13. #13
    Regular Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    BTW, the voice at the very end is our own USER ...
    I knew that voice was familiar but seemed to be a bit 'enhanced' from what I remembered after one quick introduction over a year ago. Maybe it's just the low-quality speakers on my laptop.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

  14. #14
    Regular Member John Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    297
    I'm sorry I missed the teaser. When will the premier be?

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by John Canuck View Post
    I'm sorry I missed the teaser. When will the premier be?
    Very soon John.
    I'm in the process of giving the Sheriff, the Clerk and Poindexter, all of which appear to have broken at least one law, the chance to tell their side.

    I don't think any will but I have to allow them the opportunity. Aside from that, it's deer season and I hunt nearly every day....unless it's hot

    Other than the Surry 3, it's finished.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Are you going to have a viewing party?? We can all bring those big foam pointy fingers to celebrate!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  17. #17
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Are you going to have a viewing party?? We can all bring those big foam pointy fingers to celebrate!
    Yep.
    I'll have you on the list.

  18. #18
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845
    MSC Also requesting tickets to the Premiere... I wouldn't miss it for anything!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •