Thread: US Border Guard?

US Border Guard?

I have been seeing stories online about some private group calling itself "The US Border Guard" or "Border Rangers" in AZ. In particular that they have "deployed" armed people that are open carrying (including AR15s) to protect the Occupy Phoenix protest.

Does anyone know if this is true or not? It sounds like some militia group. The reason that I think there should be some concern is because the information presented by the Occupy people is that they are there to keep the protest safe from the police should the police try to close the camp like has occurred in other places.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    this is NOT a Constitutional Militia. the only Constitutional Militia in AZ is the ACM *Arizona Constitutional Militia*. and they would not be interested in Occupy. This group is probably a bunch of liberals and most likely going to cause an issue. but this is not a Militia, and if so they are stealing the name. I am a Lt. with the US Militia command and have spoken to the ACM and they have no knowledge of this group. i if lived in AZ. would personally be concerned with this.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Unfortunately the US Border Guard leader is associated also with the NEO Nazi movement in Arizona. I hate those guys with a passion, but will protect their rights to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by les_aker View Post
    I have been seeing stories online about some private group calling itself "The US Border Guard" or "Border Rangers" in AZ. In particular that they have "deployed" armed people that are open carrying (including AR15s) to protect the Occupy Phoenix protest.

Does anyone know if this is true or not? It sounds like some militia group. The reason that I think there should be some concern is because the information presented by the Occupy people is that they are there to keep the protest safe from the police should the police try to close the camp like has occurred in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Pace View Post
    Unfortunately the US Border Guard leader is associated also with the NEO Nazi movement in Arizona. I hate those guys with a passion, but will protect their rights to OC.
    Is that hate speech and prejudice, too?

Not trying to troll, just pointing out the irony...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

There's a YouTube of them, JT Ready is their leader. Interesting interview.

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    this is NOT a Constitutional Militia. the only Constitutional Militia in AZ is the ACM *Arizona Constitutional Militia*. and they would not be interested in Occupy. This group is probably a bunch of liberals and most likely going to cause an issue. but this is not a Militia, and if so they are stealing the name. I am a Lt. with the US Militia command and have spoken to the ACM and they have no knowledge of this group. i if lived in AZ. would personally be concerned with this.
    Definition of Militia: All able-bodied males between 17 and 45 who are already citizens, or are seeking to become citizens, of the U.S., and female members of the National Guard. The age range extends to 64 for males with active duty military experience.

Definition of Well Regulated: Has a rank structure that is obeyed, and holds drills.

That's it.

An all-male college paintball team, who have an elected team leader and hold regular practices would qualify as a militia, under U.S. law. A group that trains with real guns, has a defined rank structure and falls into that age range, definitely qualifies as a militia. Their politics are irrelevant.
    Last edited by Difdi; 11-26-2011 at 04:59 AM.