• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Rest Stops on I-65

strabo40

I'm going to be traveling through Kentucky from Alabama. I have both Alabama and Arizona permit. Is it OK to OC at rest areas? I haven't found anything that says it is illegal, but I could have missed something.

Thanks

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Other than 3 places, you can openly carry anywhere in our great state, most certainly on state property, which rest areas are, so you are ok! And you will not find any laws on OC because there is none, other than a few that ban guns outright at places such as k-12 schools and courthouses that house just the court of justice. The only restrictions you will find are on CCarry.

Last edited:

ahughesart

I'd also like to add that since you have CC permits in (two) other states, Kentucky will honor them as a permit for CCing here.