• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lingerie, Window blinds, Free chicken, and smart water. Tales of OC in Vegas.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I doubt that. I have a few stories that after it has happened, I can hardly believe it is true!

Last night I was standing in my garage talking on my phone getting ready to throw some lube on the old garage door (been outside maybe 2 minutes at this point with the garage door open). I heard a car pull up and out of the corner of my eye I saw it was a cop car and I was being eye balled so I told the person I was talking to that I needed to go and hung up. As soon as I did that I got hit with the spot light (it was 9 at night) and I turned to face the cop. He then asked "Do you have a permit to carry that?" and I responded "yes." and hit the button to close the door. I then waited inside to see if the guy was ballsy enough to come beat the door down...nothing ever happened. (this is North town BTW)

Do you live on a busy street where the officer might have just been driving by? Or was it apparent he was there waiting for you? Maybe one of your neighbors called?

You can ask for a CAD (computer aided dispatch) report from the department if he was there on a call, so you can find out some more details about the reasons he was there. The only problem you might find is the cost. Metro charges an excessive $39.00 to print out a one-page CAD report, but I don't have any experience with whether NLVPD does this too.

Good luck.

Tim

The Big Guy

Do you live on a busy street where the officer might have just been driving by? Or was it apparent he was there waiting for you? Maybe one of your neighbors called?

You can ask for a CAD (computer aided dispatch) report from the department if he was there on a call, so you can find out some more details about the reasons he was there. The only problem you might find is the cost. Metro charges an excessive $39.00 to print out a one-page CAD report, but I don't have any experience with whether NLVPD does this too.

Good luck.

Tim

Nevada law requires them to have public records open to the public for inspection during regular office hours. Of those records you can take notes or make copies. Ask for the record and then photograph them or write a copy assuming it is short. The law is NRS 239.010.

TBG

MilitaryMike

Didn't mean to high jack the thread....

North town calls the reports "radio tickets". And there was none. I was told he was probably just patrolling the block or might live in the community. Either way, the idiotic mentality that you see in our everyday population is also in our government, military and police.