Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 11/16/2011 York County BoS Meeting - CHP fingerprint deletion - 7pm

  1. #1
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803

    11/16/2011 York County BoS Meeting - CHP fingerprint deletion - 7pm

    November 16th public hearings start at 7 p.m. and are conducted in York Hall on Ballard Street in Historic York Town. You can also email comments and questions to the York County Board of Supervisors at bos@yorkcounty.gov.

    f. Fingerprinting for Concealed Gun. Approved Ordinance No. 11-12 to delete the requirement for an applicant to be fingerprinted prior to being issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon. According to Sheriff Diggs, fingerprinting was not a useful tool in preventing the unauthorized concealment of a weapon and recommended deleting the requirement within the County ordinance.



    I plan to be at the meeting if at all possible. The last meeting simply brought York County ordinances in line with state law so it was a rubber stamp. This time the BoS will decide whether to strike the need for fingerprinting at all.

    Please attend if you can.

  2. #2
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    f. Fingerprinting for Concealed Gun. Approved Ordinance No. 11-12 to delete the requirement for an applicant to be fingerprinted prior to being issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon. According to Sheriff Diggs, fingerprinting was not a useful tool in preventing the unauthorized concealment of a weapon and recommended deleting the requirement within the County ordinance.

    I plan to be at the meeting if at all possible. The last meeting simply brought York County ordinances in line with state law so it was a rubber stamp. This time the BoS will decide whether to strike the need for fingerprinting at all.

    Please attend if you can.
    I'll be there.

    BTW, the issue requiring them to bring county code into compliance was what prompted the discussion to delete the requirement.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  3. #3
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803
    Yes 2a4all and thank you for starting that conversation! :-)

    I pinged Philip about how many Counties still require fingerprinting and he replied about 1/3 still do. That is more than I expected but hopefully we can reduce that number by one. :-)

  4. #4
    Regular Member 2a4all's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newport News, VA, ,
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    November 16th public hearings start at 7 p.m. and are conducted in York Hall on Ballard Street in Historic York Town. You can also email comments and questions to the York County Board of Supervisors at bos@yorkcounty.gov.

    f. Fingerprinting for Concealed Gun. Approved Ordinance No. 11-12 to delete the requirement for an applicant to be fingerprinted prior to being issued a permit to carry a concealed weapon. According to Sheriff Diggs, fingerprinting was not a useful tool in preventing the unauthorized concealment of a weapon and recommended deleting the requirement within the County ordinance.



    I plan to be at the meeting if at all possible. The last meeting simply brought York County ordinances in line with state law so it was a rubber stamp. This time the BoS will decide whether to strike the need for fingerprinting at all.

    Please attend if you can.
    I've just reviewed the Agenda for this meeting, and this item isn't on it.

    http://www.yorkcounty.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=1900
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

    Member VCDL, NRA

  5. #5
    Regular Member 45acpForMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    I've just reviewed the Agenda for this meeting, and this item isn't on it.

    http://www.yorkcounty.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=1900
    I pinged my Supervisor Sheila Noll and Sheriff Danny Diggs to see if it got bumped. I will edit to let you know a response.

    As far as I know, it has not been scheduled yet. It needs to be re-advertised.

    J. D. "Danny" Diggs
    Sheriff of York County & Poquoson
    York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office
    P.O. Box 99
    301 Goodwin Neck Rd
    Yorktown, VA 23690
    Phone 757-890-3677
    Fax 757-890-6678
    www.yorkcounty.gov/sheriff


    I haven't heard back from Sheila Noll yet.
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 11-14-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •