Thread: Paperwork ready to mail

Paperwork ready to mail

Like most of you, I've got my paperwork ready to roll. Money order for 50 bucks, proof of training, copies of other permits etc. Just need the darn application! Gettin ready to wait, haha I am sending copies of my permits, miltiary training, and hunter safety, just to be safe, call me crazy?
    sv
    Last edited by svelectric; 10-31-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Campaign Veteran
    I know I'm in the same boat. I'm on the road this week, but I have all my info with me. Envelope, permit copies, hunters ed certificate, check, training certificates, referral letter from my cub scout den mother from the early 80's..............

Now, hurry up and wait!
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Your crazy.....lol

I wouldn't send all that stuff in personally. Seems it might confuse them, kinda like ordering something from a fast food place and asking for something to be added/subtracted; really messes everything up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I probably am crazy, but just want to show them that many people meet and exceed their mandated training, so a one sized fits all minimum doesn't really make much sense. People (like me) will get/have more than others, based on their experience, not what a DOJ lawyer figures the generic dumb population needs...

I have my fingerprint card, blood sample, DNA sample (hair strand 3"), copy of Passport, copy of Driver's license, proof of training, copy of out of state ccw license, hunter's safety, birth certificate, last year's tax return, a copy of a bill showing my current address (WE ENERGIES), and my $50 check ready. I even enclosed a self addressed and stamped return envelope to make it easier to mail my permit back!

I got a money order, i never write checks anymore (don't even have a traditional "checkbook"). I assume, the money order will be fine... gosh darnit...

Any idea if they will accept a Florida permit for proof of training? I know they won't honor a Florida permit but they said they will accept out of state permits for proof of training.

Being the cranky person I am, if I was the one opening envelopes with all these extra pieces of paper flying out at me when all I needed to see was one, it would immediately go to the bottom of the never ending pile of applications! But that's just me. Another poster mentioned confusing them...I think your chances of getting someone either like me or someone easily confused are probably quite high and I would try to make it as easy as I can for them!
    Besides, the longer it takes them to go through all your extra papers the longer it's going to take them to get to my application!
    Last edited by markush; 10-31-2011 at 05:18 PM.

I have the envelope addressed and a stamp applied. My newly printed hunter safety certificate and the $50 check are inside. I'm just waiting for the application and it will be in the mail tomorrow. I agree about not sending them anything you don't need. It won't help and it will just bog down the process. Oh yeah, and my handgun is ready too.

Send the Minimum in. I dought that having more is going to help. Unless you have trouble with the insteat check for buying a gun. Then some proof of ID might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    Any idea if they will accept a Florida permit for proof of training? I know they won't honor a Florida permit but they said they will accept out of state permits for proof of training.
    Yes, you can use a Florida permit... either current or expired. I'm using mine. Make a very legible copy of front & rear, and don't forget to also print out an "affirmation" sheet and fill that out and send that too. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...e-20111018.pdf

I was going to use a money order, but I decided to instead write a personal check... I can see when it's been processed on my online bank account. I can "tag" that check, and I'll get an e-mail when it's been cashed.

I just hope this goes as fast as the DMV renews my license plates. When I renew online, it never has taken more than about 7-10 days. I know... Wishful thinking.
    Last edited by safcrkr; 10-31-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Cool Here is hoping the WI DOJ gets right on those permit applications.

Best of luck my friends. Hopefully, the WI DOJ will surprise everyone and act quickly, but I would not hold my breath.

It must frost you to know that a FIB with any out-of-state permit recognized by WI can drive across the border and strap on a concealed firearm after 12:01 am tomorrow morning.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

[QUOTE
    It must frost you to know that a FIB with any out-of-state permit recognized by WI can drive across the border and strap on a concealed firearm after 12:01 am tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

ooooooo, I never thought about that! Damn fibs riding on our coat-tails

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    It must frost you to know that a FIB with any out-of-state permit recognized by WI can drive across the border and strap on a concealed firearm after 12:01 am tomorrow morning.
    Doesn't bother me one bit. I can carry where I live everyday from now on (after I get my permit), while the FIBs can only carry while up here. Once they go back home, they cannot. Hopefully that'll change soon too.

Same here ready to mail it out..just need the Application. It will be in the mail stream by this time Tuesday.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Here's a question.

I photocopied my hunters safety certificate today. I wonder if the "instant copy" from the DNR, off the internet is what they want instead?

You'd understand my paranoia if like me; you spent 4 hours in the DMV 2 weeks ago arguing the wording of my 2007 lien pay off letter until they finally took a verbal authorization from my lender.

I have no faith in government agencies.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 10-31-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

FIB? Just for that I should walk around concealing with a shirt printed stating "concealed firearm on-board" starting just after midnight tonight.

I was thinking of starting FIB lock & key up in the Northwoods.

Seriously, congrats WI, you got to the finish line first. Good thing I did not bet on that one. 4:58 minutes to go!

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Stool, urine & semen sample?

Some of you guys could just send them your underwear!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Stool, urine & semen sample?

Some of you guys could just send them your underwear!
    Phooey! That could only possibly happen if Kate Beckensale (or similar) jumped out in front of me naked and scared the crap out of me whilst I was writing my name in the snow.

Talk about long shots.....sheesh. LOL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Minutes, I meant hours.

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    Yes, you can use a Florida permit... either current or expired. I'm using mine. Make a very legible copy of front & rear, and don't forget to also print out an "affirmation" sheet and fill that out and send that too. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...e-20111018.pdf

I was going to use a money order, but I decided to instead write a personal check... I can see when it's been processed on my online bank account. I can "tag" that check, and I'll get an e-mail when it's been cashed.

I just hope this goes as fast as the DMV renews my license plates. When I renew online, it never has taken more than about 7-10 days. I know... Wishful thinking.
    The DoJ cash's your checks pretty quick, 4-5 days when I send in the $13 check for handgun backround checks.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    FIB? Just for that I should walk around concealing with a shirt printed stating "concealed firearm on-board" starting just after midnight tonight.

I was thinking of starting FIB lock & key up in the Northwoods.

Seriously, congrats WI, you got to the finish line first. Good thing I did not bet on that one. 4:58 minutes to go!
    LOL, I did exactly that... back in 1991. Sold my locksmith business in Chicago's S.W. burbs, and started all over, up north in Vilas county. I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Wait a few years and I'll sell ya mine. In 7 months I'll be eligible for social security. Been thinking about quitting all the runnin-around doing locksmithing and getting a FFL and working on guns fulltime. I did 5 service calls today... 4 in WI and one in MI (turned down 2 lock-outs too, cuz I was too far away). Put 160 miles on my van. Made $500+, but so what. I'm gettin too old for this schit. Same crap tomorrow... got 5 calls scheduled. Got 4 on Wednesday, and 2 for Thursday so far. Lots of dumbasses losing their safe combos or buying safes with soon-to-die electronic locks, and banks foreclosing and me locking their properties up. Then there's the idiots who only have one car key... then lose it. I WANNA GO DUCK HUNTING!!!! not working my butt off. I missed most of early goose cuz I had to rekey an entire school district to a new master key system. Did almost 300 Schlage cylinders in 9 days, which put me 9 days behind on everything else that came in. Made a very good buck on that job, so I bought myself a Kahr CM9 as a "reward".... so I'll get over missing goose hunting this time.
    Last edited by safcrkr; 10-31-2011 at 09:31 PM.