• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paperwork ready to mail

svelectric

Like most of you, I've got my paperwork ready to roll. Money order for 50 bucks, proof of training, copies of other permits etc. Just need the darn application! Gettin ready to wait, haha I am sending copies of my permits, miltiary training, and hunter safety, just to be safe, call me crazy?
sv

Last edited:

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I know I'm in the same boat. I'm on the road this week, but I have all my info with me. Envelope, permit copies, hunters ed certificate, check, training certificates, referral letter from my cub scout den mother from the early 80's..............

Now, hurry up and wait!

Jason in WI

Your crazy.....lol

I wouldn't send all that stuff in personally. Seems it might confuse them, kinda like ordering something from a fast food place and asking for something to be added/subtracted; really messes everything up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

svelectric

I probably am crazy, but just want to show them that many people meet and exceed their mandated training, so a one sized fits all minimum doesn't really make much sense. People (like me) will get/have more than others, based on their experience, not what a DOJ lawyer figures the generic dumb population needs...

xenophon

I have my fingerprint card, blood sample, DNA sample (hair strand 3"), copy of Passport, copy of Driver's license, proof of training, copy of out of state ccw license, hunter's safety, birth certificate, last year's tax return, a copy of a bill showing my current address (WE ENERGIES), and my $50 check ready. I even enclosed a self addressed and stamped return envelope to make it easier to mail my permit back!

svelectric

I got a money order, i never write checks anymore (don't even have a traditional "checkbook"). I assume, the money order will be fine... gosh darnit...

Cobra469

Any idea if they will accept a Florida permit for proof of training? I know they won't honor a Florida permit but they said they will accept out of state permits for proof of training.

markush

Being the cranky person I am, if I was the one opening envelopes with all these extra pieces of paper flying out at me when all I needed to see was one, it would immediately go to the bottom of the never ending pile of applications! But that's just me. Another poster mentioned confusing them...I think your chances of getting someone either like me or someone easily confused are probably quite high and I would try to make it as easy as I can for them!
Besides, the longer it takes them to go through all your extra papers the longer it's going to take them to get to my application!

Last edited:

jrclen

I have the envelope addressed and a stamp applied. My newly printed hunter safety certificate and the $50 check are inside. I'm just waiting for the application and it will be in the mail tomorrow. I agree about not sending them anything you don't need. It won't help and it will just bog down the process. Oh yeah, and my handgun is ready too.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Send the Minimum in. I dought that having more is going to help. Unless you have trouble with the insteat check for buying a gun. Then some proof of ID might help.

safcrkr

Any idea if they will accept a Florida permit for proof of training? I know they won't honor a Florida permit but they said they will accept out of state permits for proof of training.

Yes, you can use a Florida permit... either current or expired. I'm using mine. Make a very legible copy of front & rear, and don't forget to also print out an "affirmation" sheet and fill that out and send that too. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/affirmation-out-of-state-license-20111018.pdf

I was going to use a money order, but I decided to instead write a personal check... I can see when it's been processed on my online bank account. I can "tag" that check, and I'll get an e-mail when it's been cashed.

I just hope this goes as fast as the DMV renews my license plates. When I renew online, it never has taken more than about 7-10 days. I know... Wishful thinking.

Last edited:

jpm84092

Here is hoping the WI DOJ gets right on those permit applications.

Best of luck my friends. Hopefully, the WI DOJ will surprise everyone and act quickly, but I would not hold my breath.

It must frost you to know that a FIB with any out-of-state permit recognized by WI can drive across the border and strap on a concealed firearm after 12:01 am tomorrow morning.

BrewTownBagger

[QUOTE
It must frost you to know that a FIB with any out-of-state permit recognized by WI can drive across the border and strap on a concealed firearm after 12:01 am tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

ooooooo, I never thought about that! Damn fibs riding on our coat-tails :cuss:

safcrkr

It must frost you to know that a FIB with any out-of-state permit recognized by WI can drive across the border and strap on a concealed firearm after 12:01 am tomorrow morning.

Doesn't bother me one bit. I can carry where I live everyday from now on (after I get my permit), while the FIBs can only carry while up here. Once they go back home, they cannot. Hopefully that'll change soon too.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Here's a question.

I photocopied my hunters safety certificate today. I wonder if the "instant copy" from the DNR, off the internet is what they want instead?

You'd understand my paranoia if like me; you spent 4 hours in the DMV 2 weeks ago arguing the wording of my 2007 lien pay off letter until they finally took a verbal authorization from my lender.

I have no faith in government agencies.

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
FIB? Just for that I should walk around concealing with a shirt printed stating "concealed firearm on-board" starting just after midnight tonight.

I was thinking of starting FIB lock & key up in the Northwoods.

Seriously, congrats WI, you got to the finish line first. Good thing I did not bet on that one. 4:58 minutes to go!