• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paperwork ready to mail

littlewolf

Yes, you can use a Florida permit... either current or expired. I'm using mine. Make a very legible copy of front & rear, and don't forget to also print out an "affirmation" sheet and fill that out and send that too. http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/affirmation-out-of-state-license-20111018.pdf

I was going to use a money order, but I decided to instead write a personal check... I can see when it's been processed on my online bank account. I can "tag" that check, and I'll get an e-mail when it's been cashed.

I just hope this goes as fast as the DMV renews my license plates. When I renew online, it never has taken more than about 7-10 days. I know... Wishful thinking.

The DoJ cash's your checks pretty quick, 4-5 days when I send in the $13 check for handgun backround checks.

safcrkr

FIB? Just for that I should walk around concealing with a shirt printed stating "concealed firearm on-board" starting just after midnight tonight.

I was thinking of starting FIB lock & key up in the Northwoods.

Seriously, congrats WI, you got to the finish line first. Good thing I did not bet on that one. 4:58 minutes to go!

LOL, I did exactly that... back in 1991. Sold my locksmith business in Chicago's S.W. burbs, and started all over, up north in Vilas county. I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Wait a few years and I'll sell ya mine. In 7 months I'll be eligible for social security. Been thinking about quitting all the runnin-around doing locksmithing and getting a FFL and working on guns fulltime. I did 5 service calls today... 4 in WI and one in MI (turned down 2 lock-outs too, cuz I was too far away). Put 160 miles on my van. Made $500+, but so what. I'm gettin too old for this schit. Same crap tomorrow... got 5 calls scheduled. Got 4 on Wednesday, and 2 for Thursday so far. Lots of dumbasses losing their safe combos or buying safes with soon-to-die electronic locks, and banks foreclosing and me locking their properties up. Then there's the idiots who only have one car key... then lose it. I WANNA GO DUCK HUNTING!!!! not working my butt off. I missed most of early goose cuz I had to rekey an entire school district to a new master key system. Did almost 300 Schlage cylinders in 9 days, which put me 9 days behind on everything else that came in. Made a very good buck on that job, so I bought myself a Kahr CM9 as a "reward".... so I'll get over missing goose hunting this time.

Last edited: