Thread: West Bend Fleet Farm posted......with a pro-gun sign!

West Bend Fleet Farm posted......with a pro-gun sign!

The entrance door at the West Bend Fleet Farm has a sign that says it welcomes people lawfully carrying a firearm. Outstanding!

We need a picture!

I wish there was a Fleet Farm* around here.

* Not to be confused with the anti rights farm and fleet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    The entrance door at the West Bend Fleet Farm has a sign that says it welcomes people lawfully carrying a firearm. Outstanding!
    Now thats the kind of post I love!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    We need a picture!
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1177006.../October312011

That's actually from the Germantown/Menominee Falls Fleet Farm, which is posted with the same sign.

I notice it says concealed carry. I should call the manager and get their policy on open carry.
    Last edited by pkbites; 10-31-2011 at 06:39 PM.

They allow both open and concealed carry. In fact, Stewart Mills III is a member of AR15 forums. He posted what the signs for wisconsin would say a while back on that forum. He's a great guy and fully supports 2A rights. You should never need to worry while carrying at any Mills' Fleet Farm.

And if you get hassled, be sure to get names and numbers and you can post your story on wisconsin AR15 forum, he'll be sure to see it!
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 10-31-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    That's awesome!

Here you go:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/45...age=2#i4942554

The signage will apply to WI shortly and until that time we have instructed our WI management on the legalities or Open Carry.

We have instructed our management of the following:

Recently, a number of questions have been raised regarding customers in our stores who are openly carrying handguns. These handguns have been obviously visible on the customers and in a holster. Questions have arisen if this type of carry is legal in the state of Wisconsin and if we want to allow this in our stores.

Open carry has always been legal in the state of Wisconsin and will continue to be legal even after the concealed carry law goes into effect in November. Since it is legal for customers to openly carry handguns, all members of Management must be aware of the law and the fact that Mills Fleet Farm will support a customer’s right to legally carry in our stores.

If you have further questions regarding this, please contact my office.

That being said when CCW permits are issued in WI we will encourage our customers to get them. It is always good refresher training and there is no use scaring little old ladies or making them uncomfortable while shopping. Not that I am personally a stickler, I don’t wear sloppy baggie clothes so I have the tendency to “print” a little, but at least I make attempt.

-Stewart Mills III

Mr Stewart Mills III seems to "get it" and understands that "No Guns = No Money". Perhaps the Blaine family (Farm & Fleet) will follow suit, but I am not holding my breath. In any event, when it comes to Mills Fleet Farm, I am glad that the statement regarding open and concealed carry came "right from the top" so individual store managers (think Madistan) cannot implement their own preferences over Corporate Policy.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    They allow both open and concealed carry. In fact, Stewart Mills III is a member of AR15 forums. He posted what the signs for wisconsin would say a while back on that forum. He's a great guy and fully supports 2A rights. You should never need to worry while carrying at any Mills' Fleet Farm.

And if you get hassled, be sure to get names and numbers and you can post your story on wisconsin AR15 forum, he'll be sure to see it!
    Ya gotta love Fleet Farm !!!!!!!1 THEY ROCK !! ..a real Mans store, If FF don't have it, you don't need it.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

For sure. We do a lot more shopping at fleet farm now!

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    Ya gotta love Fleet Farm !!!!!!!1 THEY ROCK !! ..a real Mans store, If FF don't have it, you don't need it.
    Just spent $$$ there on AR sling and 6 box's of .223 55gr HP to feed the beast ! Almost forgot, 1911 in my IWB holster !
    Last edited by littlewolf; 10-31-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

FWIW, It's been mentioned on the WCI facebook page that farm and fleet will now allow guns on Nov. 1st. However, this was someone speaking to a store manager, not to corporate, so it remains to be seen if it's corporate wide, and if it means both CC and OC.