• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Bend Fleet Farm posted......with a pro-gun sign!

Jason in WI

We need a picture!

I wish there was a Fleet Farm* around here.

* Not to be confused with the anti rights farm and fleet.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

bmwguy11

They allow both open and concealed carry. In fact, Stewart Mills III is a member of AR15 forums. He posted what the signs for wisconsin would say a while back on that forum. He's a great guy and fully supports 2A rights. You should never need to worry while carrying at any Mills' Fleet Farm.

And if you get hassled, be sure to get names and numbers and you can post your story on wisconsin AR15 forum, he'll be sure to see it!

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Here you go:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_21/457556_Fleet_farm____Hell_yes_.html&page=2#i4942554

The signage will apply to WI shortly and until that time we have instructed our WI management on the legalities or Open Carry.

We have instructed our management of the following:

Recently, a number of questions have been raised regarding customers in our stores who are openly carrying handguns. These handguns have been obviously visible on the customers and in a holster. Questions have arisen if this type of carry is legal in the state of Wisconsin and if we want to allow this in our stores.

Open carry has always been legal in the state of Wisconsin and will continue to be legal even after the concealed carry law goes into effect in November. Since it is legal for customers to openly carry handguns, all members of Management must be aware of the law and the fact that Mills Fleet Farm will support a customer’s right to legally carry in our stores.

If you have further questions regarding this, please contact my office.

That being said when CCW permits are issued in WI we will encourage our customers to get them. It is always good refresher training and there is no use scaring little old ladies or making them uncomfortable while shopping. Not that I am personally a stickler, I don’t wear sloppy baggie clothes so I have the tendency to “print” a little, but at least I make attempt.

-Stewart Mills III

jpm84092

Mr Stewart Mills III seems to "get it" and understands that "No Guns = No Money". Perhaps the Blaine family (Farm & Fleet) will follow suit, but I am not holding my breath. In any event, when it comes to Mills Fleet Farm, I am glad that the statement regarding open and concealed carry came "right from the top" so individual store managers (think Madistan) cannot implement their own preferences over Corporate Policy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
They allow both open and concealed carry. In fact, Stewart Mills III is a member of AR15 forums. He posted what the signs for wisconsin would say a while back on that forum. He's a great guy and fully supports 2A rights. You should never need to worry while carrying at any Mills' Fleet Farm.

And if you get hassled, be sure to get names and numbers and you can post your story on wisconsin AR15 forum, he'll be sure to see it!

Ya gotta love Fleet Farm !!!!!!!1 THEY ROCK !! ..a real Mans store, If FF don't have it, you don't need it.

littlewolf

Ya gotta love Fleet Farm !!!!!!!1 THEY ROCK !! ..a real Mans store, If FF don't have it, you don't need it.

Just spent $$$ there on AR sling and 6 box's of .223 55gr HP to feed the beast ! Almost forgot, 1911 in my IWB holster !

Last edited:

rcav8r

FWIW, It's been mentioned on the WCI facebook page that farm and fleet will now allow guns on Nov. 1st. However, this was someone speaking to a store manager, not to corporate, so it remains to be seen if it's corporate wide, and if it means both CC and OC.