Thread: Wisconsin Catholic bishops want concealed weapons out of church.

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin Catholic bishops want concealed weapons out of church.

The state's five bishops issued a statement Monday saying they won't mandate churches prohibit concealed weapons but want parishioners not to carry them into churches as a sign of reverence.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    This looks suspiciously like the Catholic Bishops want to keep the liability protection offered by the Wisconsin Law so they are politely asking their congregations to leave the guns at home instead of mandating it. That is an interesting approach that I would expect to see followed by other denominations.

Perhaps they could learn a lesson in the Bible from the Gospel of Luke when Jesus said: If you do not have a sword (gun), sell thine cloak and buy one.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Campaign Veteran
    West Bend, WI
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club -

Perhaps they'll quit systematically covering up the sodomizing of children, too?
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Elgin, Illinois, USA
    In reverence to who? A mass shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Perhaps they'll quit systematically covering up the sodomizing of children, too?
    I am so tired of this. I in NO way condone, support, or approve of what those priests did, but the Church says if you sincerely repent, you are forgiven by the grace of God. I believe there is a special hole in Hell for child molesters, and God will judge them. And I can promise you; it will not just be priests in that hole; sinners of all religions and walks of life will be there too. So can we stop acting like the Catholic Church is the only religion to have sinners, please?

Back on topic; this is very interesting as I'm traveling next week and called the church in WV to ask their stance on OC. Still waiting to hear back. The secretary I did talk to asked me "Do you feel the NEED to carry a gun to mass?" and I gave the seat-belt analogy. When I speak to the administrator, I'm going to say that I go to church to save my soul, and I carry a gun to save my life.
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 10-31-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Linn County, Iowa
    Not surprising at all. A few years back in Minnesota, they went as far as suing the state, saying that mandating that they post signs if they wanted to ban guns was a violation of the separation of church and state. It was a part of the reason that I disowned the "catholic" church, tithing there would be like giving money to the Joyce Foundation or Brady bunch.