• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judges are for Sale

Beretta92FSLady

No, lack of is a character flaw. They chose to behave without integrity.

As for identifying, that is why what they say and what they do are so important ... for example, Justice Kagan ... now that is a study in lack of integrity ... she asserted in her confirmation hearing that 2A/Heller was settled law, then we see her dissent in the second go-round on Heller/DC. Brilliant lack of integrity! (/sarcasm)

So, Integrity is innate in us? We are not socialized with Integrity? One chooses to behave without Integrity? Please, help me out here, from what I understood Integrity or the lack thereof had something to do with character.

With regard to her stating that Heller was settled Law - Law is settled ONLY as it is settled. I know, it isn't fair, welcome! Who knows, what she might have been stating when she did state that Heller was settled is that what is fundamentally settled about Law is that the settlement is only settled until there is some other settled (established) Finding of the Law; this may be a bit much for some people to handle.

beebobby

Members of the Senate and Congress should have to provide for their own health insurance too! I bet we would have single payer real quick. Supreme Court justices that have clear conflict of intrests on cases they are trying should have the integrity to recuse themselves (Thomas).

okboomer

So, Integrity is innate in us?
I did NOT say that. Integrity, like honesty, truthfulness, kindness, etc. are learned from either the home or others.

We are not socialized with Integrity? One chooses to behave without Integrity? Please, help me out here, from what I understood Integrity or the lack thereof had something to do with character.

Are you really that much of an anarchist? If you don't have integrity, then you cannot behave in a consistent manner ... no one will be able to depend upon you. Of course that is a generic "you" ... when I see your posts I can just about bet that I will not agree with what you say, but you have an integrity that you are true to ... albeit one that I consider to be an anarchist point of view, but consistent.

Those without integrity will say/do one thing one time, then in a similar situation will do something so different that folks wonder just what happened ... did podpeople take over or what?

With regard to her stating that Heller was settled Law - Law is settled ONLY as it is settled. I know, it isn't fair, welcome! Who knows, what she might have been stating when she did state that Heller was settled is that what is fundamentally settled about Law is that the settlement is only settled until there is some other settled (established) Finding of the Law; this may be a bit much for some people to handle.

I cannot debate you when you constantly and intentionally twist the meaning of things. If you really want to know, look these things up for yourself as they were hotly debated on OCDO at the time. But, here is the reader's digest version:

When Kagan said that Heller was settled law, that was in response to a line of questioning during her confirmation hearings about her views on the 2A and whether she would support it or not. So, in her confirmation hearing, against her previously published paper indicating that she was opposed to an individual RKBA, she said that the Heller decision reaffirming an individual RKBA was "settled 2A law" indicating that she would then support the individual 2A RKBA ... but when the second case came up, there she was, arguing against Heller and the individual 2A RKBA. Lack of integrity both at her confirmation hearing and the subsequent case where she reverted to her previous published stance of the 2A being a "collective" right and not an individual right.

IMHO, she lied. And she did it to get a position on our nation's highest court - again, an example of her lack of integrity! And this is someone who will help to determine how our laws are applied.

Beretta92FSLady

I did NOT say that. Integrity, like honesty, truthfulness, kindness, etc. are learned from either the home or others.

Are you really that much of an anarchist? If you don't have integrity, then you cannot behave in a consistent manner ... no one will be able to depend upon you. Of course that is a generic "you" ... when I see your posts I can just about bet that I will not agree with what you say, but you have an integrity that you are true to ... albeit one that I consider to be an anarchist point of view, but consistent.

Those without integrity will say/do one thing one time, then in a similar situation will do something so different that folks wonder just what happened ... did podpeople take over or what?

I cannot debate you when you constantly and intentionally twist the meaning of things. If you really want to know, look these things up for yourself as they were hotly debated on OCDO at the time. But, here is the reader's digest version:

When Kagan said that Heller was settled law, that was in response to a line of questioning during her confirmation hearings about her views on the 2A and whether she would support it or not. So, in her confirmation hearing, against her previously published paper indicating that she was opposed to an individual RKBA, she said that the Heller decision reaffirming an individual RKBA was "settled 2A law" indicating that she would then support the individual 2A RKBA ... but when the second case came up, there she was, arguing against Heller and the individual 2A RKBA. Lack of integrity both at her confirmation hearing and the subsequent case where she reverted to her previous published stance of the 2A being a "collective" right and not an individual right.

IMHO, she lied. And she did it to get a position on our nation's highest court - again, an example of her lack of integrity! And this is someone who will help to determine how our laws are applied.

I would like to read the text of her response during the hearing to post her to the Bench. Also, I would prefer to look over both cases, and identify if both cases were similar enough that they would warrant the same type of application (this line is going to get me in trouble, I can already read the responses LOL).

Yes, in your opinion she lied...and she may very well have lied. I do not know whether or not she lied, I have not researched the cases, not have I gone through the transcripts of the hearing. I will look it up, if I have time, and get back to you on my opinion. I may well end with the previous response that I had given. Who knows though, these things are always up in the air with me.

okboomer

Hmmm, maybe you might not have seen the evidence that I did as it was through Glen Beck's show on FoxNews ... IIRC, you don't watch FoxNews?

Just to get you started: google search

I would also suggest that you will find more specific cites to her statements in the NRA and NRA-ILA archives.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I do not know whether or not she lied, I have not researched the cases, not have I gone through the transcripts of the hearing.

I have. OKBoomer is correct: Kagan lied.

Who knows though, these things are always up in the air with me.

Is this because...

1. Conclusions like "Kagan lied" contradict your political beliefs?
2. When presented with facts, you choose not to trust them?
3. You have a difficult time reaching a conclusion based on facts?
4. Other?

I could care less about our political party system. I'm all for "whatever works best." What I often find, however, is that people from different parties can't agree on an issue, either one, the other, or both are arguing from ideals, not facts.

When it comes to Justice Kagan's lack of integrity, one need not research her life's history. One only need look at her single statement during her confirmation in which she said Heller was settled 2A law, and her subsequent arguments against Heller. She either lied to get on the Supreme Court, she lied after she got on the Supreme Court, or both.

The point is, she lied, and for personal gain. That's a lack of integrity

Retiring U.S. Supreme Court justices are entitled to a lifetime pension equal to their highest full salary. In order to qualify for a full pension, retiring justices must have served for a minimum of 10 years provided the sum of the justice's age and years of Supreme Court service totals 80.

As of 2010, Associate Justices of the Supreme Court earned an annual salary of $213,900, while the Chief Justice is paid $223,500.

Since she took her seat when she was 50, she'll have to work fifteen years to be eligible for a full pension (100% of $213,900). And what a scam that is: I worked 20 years for a "High-3," which is somewhat less than 50% of my base pay, and just a third of my full pay. It's about 1/5th of what Kagan's pension will be.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Hmmm, maybe you might not have seen the evidence that I did as it was through Glen Beck's show on FoxNews ... IIRC, you don't watch FoxNews?

Just to get you started: google search

I would also suggest that you will find more specific cites to her statements in the NRA and NRA-ILA archives.

When I have had the opportunity to watch television, I have watched Glenn Beck - I watched a number of FOX 'news' programs, Bret, O'Reilley, Beck, Red Eye.

Beretta92FSLady

Is this because...

1. Conclusions like "Kagan lied" contradict your political beliefs?
2. When presented with facts, you choose not to trust them?
3. You have a difficult time reaching a conclusion based on facts?
4. Other?

Nope. It is because I rely on the information that I have before me. I do not have video footage, nor articles that quote her as stating what individuals are claiming her to state. When presented with facts, I incorporate those so-called 'facts' into my knowledge base, and it has some effect on my understand - why wouldn't it? I have no issue with facts. Please, throw me some facts.

[snip]

The point is, she lied, and for personal gain. That's a lack of integrity
Retiring U.S. Supreme Court justices are entitled to a lifetime pension equal to their highest full salary. In order to qualify for a full pension, retiring justices must have served for a minimum of 10 years provided the sum of the justice's age and years of Supreme Court service totals 80.

As of 2010, Associate Justices of the Supreme Court earned an annual salary of $213,900, while the Chief Justice is paid $223,500.

Since she took her seat when she was 50, she'll have to work fifteen years to be eligible for a full pension (100% of $213,900). And what a scam that is: I worked 20 years for a "High-3," which is somewhat less than 50% of my base pay, and just a third of my full pay. It's about 1/5th of what Kagan's pension will be.

It appears to me you have an axe to grind with the money that she is making. Why not use the Chief Justice as an example, he is paid more than she is per year. There are a number of Justices around her age. I also think there is an underlying discontent that some men have for women in positions of power (I know, you are going to deny it right off the bat, maybe even become defensive - most men do).

Last edited:

okboomer

It appears to me you have an axe to grind with the money that she is making.

That's a hell of a reach and IMHO quite uncalled for.

Why not use the Chief Justice as an example, he is paid more than she is per year. There are a number of Justices around her age. I also think there is an underlying discontent that some men have for women in positions of power (I know, you are going to deny it right off the bat, maybe even become defensive - most men do).

As for the last quote, I think this says more about your assumptions and beliefs than anything since9 has EVER posted ANYWHERE on this forum.

Beretta92FSLady

:lol: Was with you up to RedEye ... just can't take Guttenberg(sp? -field?) <blech>

I have watched those programs before. Not, "I watch them on a regular basis." I don't have cable, and just the past month I had a television put in the house again. I think kids can do other things with their time than watching television - reading, writing, playing outside. Our television doesn't even have local channels - we use it to watch movies. My point is, I am not above watching any one of those so-called news programs, that includes MSNBC.

Beretta92FSLady

That's a hell of a reach and IMHO quite uncalled for.

As for the last quote, I think this says more about your assumptions and beliefs than anything since9 has EVER posted ANYWHERE on this forum.

All of these things are assumptions, and beliefs. Or am I wrong? Is there something sacred about your belief, your opinion, than any other persons - maybe something more factual? Share your facts with me.

The answer to the OP - yes, Judges are for sale; yes, all positions of power are for sale, along with execution of said power.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
It is because I rely on the information that I have before me.

Links have been provided. Use them.

I do not have video footage, nor articles that quote her as stating what individuals are claiming her to state.

Links have been provided. Use them.

When presented with facts...

You have been provided with links to the facts.

...I incorporate those so-called 'facts' into my knowledge base, and it has some effect on my understand - why wouldn't it? I have no issue with facts. Please, throw me some facts.

You have been provided with links to the facts, but you consistently refuse to use them. Not only is wilful ignorance absolutely no defense, but tarnishes your own reputation.

It appears to me you have an axe to grind with the money that she is making.

No. I have an axe to grind with having a confirmed LIAR on the Supreme Court.

I also think there is an underlying discontent that some men have for women in positions of power.

I think your logical fallacy is of the straw man (red herring) type. I believe Sandra Day O'Connor was one of the best justices our Supreme Court has ever had. I also think you really don't get it that people's animosity towards Kagen has absolutely nothing to do with her gender. Finally, I think you're either wilfully dodging the issue has everything to do with her lack of integrity, or you're simply supporting her because she's a flaming liberal appointed by another flaming liberal.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

[snip] Not only is wilful ignorance absolutely no defense, but tarnishes your own reputation.

[snip]
I think your logical fallacy is of the straw man (red herring) type.[snip]

The only two things of value.

I do not concern myself with reputation.

"Straw-man," "red herring," these things always come boiling to the surface during conversations. Are you finished with them?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I do not concern myself with reputation.

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." - Proverbs 22:1

"Straw-man," "red herring," these things always come boiling to the surface during conversations. Are you finished with them?

Are you finished falling into the logical fallacy ditch with your baseless arguments?

Beretta92FSLady

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold." - Proverbs 22:1

Are you finished falling into the logical fallacy ditch with your baseless arguments?

Considering the company I keep, it is better that I do not have a good name, and that I am not esteemed.

Funny, the tail-end of your post can be interpreted as logical fallacy, and baseless argument.

okboomer

Considering the company I keep, it is better that I do not have a good name, and that I am not esteemed.

Well, then maybe folks here don't need to associate with you if you hold a reputation in such low regard. "A man's word is his bond" was a good social grace at one time, and in some areas of the country, is still taught as a necessary social grace. But then, you have a problem with what "integrity" means so maybe there are other areas of ettiquette you are lacking in.

Funny, the tail-end of your post can be interpreted as logical fallacy, and baseless argument.

You are a fool.

/ignore list

Last edited: