• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why open carry??

keltec

If I had a gun on me when I was 18 I would probably be worm food by now.

Don't know anything about you, your lifestyle or who you are but when I was 18 I thought I was the Sh^&. I was out late, partying with friends, drinking and getting into trouble. Even when I wasn't getting into trouble I was generated suspicion from the cops and was almost constantly harrased.

Being 18, and will all due respect you are a kid still at heart but you think and feel you are a man and maybe you are, but I certainly wasn't but.... I THOUGHT I WAS!

Listen to your parents, they are not your enemy, their job is to do what is right for you. Don't get caught up with the hype of open carry ideas from this site alone, look at what people post on other sites ask friends. If you shoot someone in self defense but there is no witnesses or witnesses that are willing to LIE, your life is ruined.

When I was your age one of my friends had a Concealed permit and we were in a very restrictive state. He has valid reason to carry as he worked with jewelry and had to make frequent trips to Boston to transport gold and diamonds. He only carried concealed and only carried when he was transporting.

HOWEVER, today is very different than from when I was your age to be quite blunt, people are freakin nuts!
I am not sure if it is due to stress, playing violent games, watching violence or what but it seems more and more crazy stuff going on and with the technology we have this news travels fast. But a young person such as yourself is not a normal target.

I think your parents are thinking of your best interest, if you really feel you need a weapon to defend yourself you should carry concealed. Leave the open carry to the older more distinguished and older gentlemen who attract less attention.

I very rarely open carry, I think you should consider doing the same in spite of the name of this website.

thats my 2 cents

It doesn't matter if you're 18, 21 or 45. If you are in an open carry state and have a legal right to carry your firearm, by all means do so! The police are not obligated to protect you and citizens do not have an individual right to police protection. Crime can (and does) happen anywhere and everywhere. I suggest you take note of that fact.

Terry-supports

I might be at the WRONG, thread? But not at the wrong site!

Ill start by saying I totally support you's !
I am a Canadian. And although we can't carry here period, I and many others support you's. Im knew to the site yet, Im more or less up to date with the movement.
I was wondering if by chance if I could possible get a shirt or two with your logo? I assure you it will be worn with PRIDE. Ill keep this simple, and short.
Is this possible? Thank you and im sorry for being on the wrong thread.

Last edited:

georg jetson

SNIP
When I was your age one of my friends had a Concealed permit and we were in a very restrictive state. He has valid reason to carry as he worked with jewelry and had to make frequent trips to Boston to transport gold and diamonds. He only carried concealed and only carried when he was transporting.

SNIP

So carrying valuable things around with you is a "valid reason to carry?" How about carrying your LIFE around with you? Is your LIFE valuable? Is that a "valid" reason to carry?

1245A Defender

well,,,

So carrying valuable things around with you is a "valid reason to carry?" How about carrying your LIFE around with you? Is your LIFE valuable? Is that a "valid" reason to carry?

I asked a friend about his carry habits,,,
he said he only carried when he had alot of money on him.
I asked if thirty dollars was enough?
he wasnt sure....
I said I always carry enough money on me to make carrying a gun for self defense an all the time kind of thing.
even seven dollars in your wallet is worth protecting with a gun,
Ive got seven hundred ten dollars in my wallet right now,,,, I AM ARMED!!!!

Medic1210

if you really feel you need a weapon to defend yourself you should carry concealed. Leave the open carry to the older more distinguished and older gentlemen who attract less attention.

So rather than be a responsible, law abiding citizen who open carries, you suggest he break the law and carry concealed? Since he cannot legally conceal until he's 21, I'm curious why you would suggest such a thing?