• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

leather or plastic?

jwinkeler

Evening all, i have 2 holsters for my P7 one is a duty style holster from safariland(plastic) and one is a leather pancake holster from highnoon holsters for opencarry what do you all reccomend?
joe

markand

Leather looks great, but you can't beat plastic for speed. There's at least one holster maker out there that makes holsters with plastic on the inside and leather on the outside.

cbpeck

Leather looks great, but you can't beat plastic for speed. There's at least one holster maker out there that makes holsters with plastic on the inside and leather on the outside.

...and vice versa. Check out Tucker Gun Leather's The Answer with leather lining.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I use both. I find their functionality to be about the same. Just make sure you get a leather holster from a reputable holster company. This way you know they are using good leather and treating it properly.

Last edited: